The IT Infrastructure Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, and managing staff and the stability of the organization's IT infrastructure. This includes developing, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing key functional areas, particularly network infrastructure, server infrastructure, data communications, telecommunications systems. Oversees the activities associated with installation, deployment and upgrade of software, hardware, and network facilities.
About Our Company:
Wilks Brothers is a multifaceted, family-based partnership headquartered in Cisco, Texas with employees working in offices in Cisco, Willow Park, Fort Worth, Houston, and beyond. We invest in relationships and recognize the value in people, communities, and businesses. Our customers are not a number; they are a name, a family member, a friend. In the good times and in difficult times we treat them all equally - exactly how we want to be treated. We believe that business is not just about profit - it is personal too. At Wilks Brothers, we respect the people that make our business grow: our employees and our customers.
Our goal is to develop mutually beneficial partnerships utilizing our core values of: Faith, Integrity, Team, Growth and Loyalty.
- Manage and set priorities for the maintenance, development, and evaluation of all infrastructure systems, including LANs, WANs, Internet, intranet, wireless implementations, and so on.
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for infrastructure administration.
- Direct and administrate a contingent of network analysts and technicians, and where necessary, conduct performance reviews and corrective action.
- Mentors and leads staff members in the networking, server, and database areas.
- Strong Azure competency
- Conduct feasibility studies for various upgrade projects, improvements, and other conversions.
- Prepare RFPs, bid proposals, contracts, scope of work reports, and other documentation for infrastructure projects and associated efforts.
- Participate in the development of IT strategies in collaboration with the IT Executive team.
- Test network performance and provide network performance statistics and
- Develop strategies for maintaining network infrastructure.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on products, services, protocols, and standards in support of all infrastructure procurement and development efforts.
- Negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure infrastructure-specific products and services.
- Manage operational costs; conduct near-term and long-term financial forecasts for expanded functionality/user base.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization's executives, decision-makers, stakeholders, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent infrastructure activities.
- Practice IT asset management, including maintenance of component inventor and related documentation.
Skills and Proficiencies:
- Exceptional knowledge of service and application delivery, as well as successful service level agreement accomplishments.
- Demonstrated leadership and personnel/project management skills.
- Practical experience of process management.
- Good understanding of ITIL.
- Good project management skills.
- Sound understanding of business goals and requirements.
- Capable of analyzing complex issues.
- Possesses good interpersonal skills for written, verbal and face-to-face communication.
- Skilled in influencing and negotiating methods.
- Able to conduct research into issues and products as required.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Required Education, Experience, and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in a Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent work experience preferred.
- 8-10 years Information Technology experience required.
- Experienced with Azure, VMWare, Microsoft, Veeam, Okta, Cisco, Palo Alto and monitoring tools
- Practical experience of continuous improvement methods and techniques.
- Able to read, speak and write English.
- Ability to use sophisticated computer software programs to achieve job functions.
- Sitting - at desk or computer station, standing, walking, speaking, hearing - frequent
- Bending/Stooping, twisting, lifting - occasional
- Gripping, reaching, writing, fingering (data entry), handling (paper, files, etc) - frequent
- Able to work under stressful conditions at times.
- Fine Motor Skills - typing, 10-key, ability to write for extended periods of time
- Communication - phone communication, communication with personnel and vendors
- Seeing - able to see the computer screen and to endure the "eye strain" from prolonged computer use
- Climbing - able to go up and down stairs
- Position will require a minimum of 40 hours per week unless otherwise directed by supervisor.
Wilks Brothers is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status."