The 'Apply with SEEK' option will be utilized for International applicants, mainly Australia. If this does not apply to you please use the 'Apply' option.
IT Infrastructure Manager
IF YOU CARE, THERE'S A PLACE FOR YOU HERE
For a career path that is both challenging and rewarding, join Sedgwick's talented team of 27,000 colleagues around the globe. Sedgwick is a leading provider of technology-enabled risk, benefits and integrated business solutions. Taking care of people is at the heart of everything we do. Millions of people and organizations count on Sedgwick each year to take care of their needs when they face a major life event or something unexpected happens. Whether they have a workplace injury, suffer property or financial loss or damage from a natural or manmade disaster, are involved in an auto or other type of accident, or need time away from work for the birth of a child or another medical situation, we are here to provide compassionate care and expert guidance. Our clients depend on our talented colleagues to take care of their most valuable assets-their employees, their customers and their property. At Sedgwick, caring counts®. Join our team of creative and caring people of all backgrounds, and help us make a difference in the lives of others.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To manage day-to-day activities and project activities of software developers, systems analysts, or support teams; to oversee quality assurance reviews; to ensure project completion and user satisfaction; to provide guidance and training to assigned team; to develop and implement standards and relevant processes; to provide administrative guidance and controls ensuring quality, thorough analysis, timely delivery and productivity; and to assist with strategic planning.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees support of applications through interaction with business users, stakeholders, IT project managers, IT analysts, and IT development staff.
- Provides leadership, direction to IT teams.
- Ensures support processes and procedures are adhered to.
- Ensures departmental objectives are met.
- Works with stakeholders to manage project priority and planning.
- Actively engages stakeholders and other organizational leaders to ensure satisfaction with service delivery.
- Oversees department projects ensuring on-time and on-budget delivery.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
- Travels as required.
- Administers company personnel policies in all areas and follows company staffing standards and training recommendations.
- Interviews, hires and establishes colleague performance development plans; conducts colleague performance discussions.
- Provides support, guidance, leadership and motivation to promote maximum performance.
Education & Licensing
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university preferred. Information Systems or Computer Science major preferred. Project Management (PMP) designation preferred.
Ten (10) years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required to include five (5) years of software development, systems analysis, quality assurance, project management, or technical support experience and three (3) years of supervisory experience.
Skills & Knowledge
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Specific knowledge for IT project management
- Ability to assess and estimate costs associate with software and hardware expenses associated with software development or application implementation
- High level of self-motivation
- Oral and written communication, including presentation skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Mental: Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment, troubleshooting, problem solving, analysis, and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
Physical: Computer keyboarding, travel as required
Auditory/Visual: Hearing, vision and talking
NOTE: Credit security clearance, confirmed via a background credit check, is required for this position.
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.