Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
Eurofins is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. Eurofins is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. The Group also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 55,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 50 countries. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
IT Infrastructure Engineer responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following :
* Design, build, deploy, and maintain IT infrastructure, while leveraging the latest technologies.
* Serves as the primary point of contact for internal/external customers, project sponsors, contracted vendors and/or consultants.
* Proposes process improvement where needed for IT Service Desk and Operations.
* Prepares and presents reports defining service metrics and project progress.
* Provide daily maintenance of data storage environments, including provisioning LUNS, network access to storage via FC.
* Perform data migrations from various storage systems.
* Provides 24x7x365 technical support of relevant infrastructure, applications, systems and process.
* Efficiently identifies and resolves system, application or process issues, escalates, reports and documents when needed.
* Provides (scheduled) onsite support at various operation locations when needed.
* Serves as a technical resource for IT Service Desk.
* Reports weekly on progress to the IT infrastructure Operations Manager of the region and escalates if required.
* Associates degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or other related degree concentration, or equivalent directly-related experience (two years of directly related industry experience is equivalent to one full-time year of college in related major.)
* Minimum of 2 years' experience administering and supporting VMWare virtualization solutions in an enterprise environment, including vCenter, HA, DRS, scripting, deployment, etc.
* Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Windows Server technology and related systems including Active Directory, DFS, DHCP, DNS, RDS, GPOs, software deployment tools and security.
* Hands on experience installing and managing Lenovo and/or Dell server products, rack mount and blade infrastructure, including racking and cabling.
* Understanding of SAN storage concepts and networking (TCP/IP, VLANs, ACLs.)
* ITIL v3 understanding.
Position is full-time, Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of New Orleans, LA area are encouraged to apply.
* Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
* Life and disability insurance
* 401(k) with company match
* Paid vacation and holidays
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.