Infrastructure Technical Lead - £65,000 + 15% bonus
What you'll be doing:
You should be self-motivated with a track record of working with a datacentre technology stack and an appreciation of technical support and operations. As an experienced technical lead you will have extensive experience of infrastructure technologies gained in previous hands-on technical support and design roles, coupled with a high-level of technical knowledge and experience of IT infrastructure at an enterprise level.
The role requires you to have in-depth knowledge of and the ability to design and implement complex technical, multi-site and multi-discipline solutions across a range of infrastructure technology such as Virtualisation, Storage, Server, Network and Cloud.
Current multi-vendor certifications at a professional/expert level alongside experience of working in a multi-client solution provider performing a client-facing design and delivery role would be beneficial.
You should be able to demonstrate:
- An excellent understanding and practical knowledge within multiple technical subject areas, supported by current multi-vendor certifications at a professional/expert level.
- Demonstrable and in-depth experience of several of the following technologies: Server Virtualisation (VMware, Hyper-V, KVM), Windows Server OS, Unix/Linux OS, Enterprise Storage, Cisco Networking.
- Demonstrable knowledge of deploying within Azure, AWS or GCP and the use of Scripting and automation toolsets such as Terraform, Jenkins etc. to deploy infrastructure as code.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex, technical, multi-site and multi-disciplinary problems and incidents.
- Communicate, convey and agree complex plans effectively with the customer and internal stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral with strong presentation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment including virtual/remote working
- Agile and highly adaptable for changing priorities.
- Able to cope with change and ambiguity, communicate with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment including virtual/remote working.
- Experience of working within the ITIL framework.
What you'll need:
This is a "hands-on" technical role to provide support across a wide range of customer infrastructure, working with customers to design and implement new solutions and projects.
The role is also expected to provide technical leadership and guidance to the wider infrastructure team.
You will be responsible for:
- Leading the design and implementation of new server, storage and virtualisation infrastructure, including the creation of HLD/LLD's and documentation in response to customer requirements.
- Lead a team of engineers to deliver solutions and provide technical assurance to the customer.
- Ensure that designs and implementation adhere to vendor best practices for specific technologies and established standards and frameworks, meeting customer compliance requirements at all times.
- Work closely with the customer and/or customer's technical teams to advise on solutions and providing detailed information on design and implementation.
- Acting as a technical escalation point for major incidents relating to the managed service delivery across customers.
- Identify Technical Problems and potential Service Improvements across customer environments.
- Lead the creation of documentation to enable acceptance into service and BAU support.
- Transition of new platforms to Managed Services teams or customer support teams and provision of early-life support.