Infrastructure Support Technician - Job Description
1.0 GENERAL REQUIREMENT
As a member of the Infrastructure support team, the incumbent with a minimum of 5 years technical experience, provide on-site hands and eyes support for end-users, 3rd party vendors and IT support groups. Hands and eyes support include but is not limited to physical support (deploy, rack, stack, patch, cable) for IMACs, upgrades, device commissioning and decommissioning, component upgrades, swaps, change-out, basic configuration, troubleshooting and lights-on verification, reboot/power cycle etc. The role requires ability to safely lift heavy equipment and if required move equipment using fork lift. A strong ticketing experience is required as well as technical aptitude and ability to research and solve complex issues independently.
2.1 Operational Responsibilities:
• Perform data center/server room/IT room facilities management operations for basic Hands and Feet administration duties that includes:
- Physical support (Racking and Stacking) of servers, network devices and other equipment's during the support, changes, upgrades, commissioning and Decommissioning activities
- Rack cabling, clean cable routing and cable management within racks
- Support for Component upgrades, swaps, change-out, Lights-on verification, reboots
• Understand the installed infrastructure design at all locations including potential impact on business services in the case of infrastructure issues/outages
• Perform infrastructure related incident resolution, change management activities and service request or task completion via the ticketing system
• Maintain infrastructure facilities including hardware equipment, cabling/patching and IT rooms in a clean, secure and proper operating state to eliminate disruptions in service
• Coordinate with OEM vendors and manage replacement of faulty parts under warranty, maintenance, Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA)
• Periodically recommend stock levels for critical infrastructure spares to ensure infrastructure incidents can be resolved within the documented SLAs
• Manage Data Center logistics, assisting with shipping, provisioning and decommissioning processes
• Assist with asset and inventory management of hardware and data center supplies
• Act as the local site interface for vendors (Telecommunications providers, Equipment vendors and associated service partners/contractors, Backup media handling transport and storage service providers for tape backup and Local facility managements providers
• Complete infrastructure support related security and controls and compliance related tasks such as access reviews, risk assessments, controls verifications, facility inspections, maintenance of verification logs
• Participate and support SWAT team activities in response to Incident/problem resolution
• Participate in Change Review Board (CRB) meetings to support change activities
• Work with appropriate team in developing appropriate communications to end-users, on planned/unplanned outages.
• Perform required backup media handling support
• Provide rollout and implementation support for projects, new technology programs including capacity management, device replacement, remediation and retirement activities.
• Provide infrastructure support for Cyber Security, Business Continuity Plan / Disaster Recovery and Emergency Response activities - both drill/exercise and real events.
• Provide assistance (e.g. temporary network setup) for plants and refineries special activities (e.g. turnaround), operational events and special business activities as applicable to the location being served.
• Emergency response (on-call) support to system outages