As Sir Robert McAlpine continues its advancement within the digital era, the Business Systems Department plays an important role of managing all things IT'.
An exciting opportunity exists for an Infrastructure Support Specialist to join the existing Technical Infrastructure Team
Why join us?
Since 1869 we've worked on building and civil engineering projects that have set the standard for others to follow - right up to present-day examples like the Eden Project, Olympic Stadium and award-winning new Bloomberg building.
As we celebrate our 152nd anniversary, we're looking forward with excitement to the projects and opportunities ahead. Our family-owned business is where to achieve more from your career by proudly building Britain's future heritage with us.
The Infrastructure Support Specialist role
As an Infrastructure Support Specialist, you will be responsible for:
- The day-to-day operation of the infrastructure security including undertaking support tasks & co-ordinating the actions of external support/service providers
- Management of the security of standard desktop & server technology including patches/updates, deployment, etc for all devices
- Participating in challenging project work as well as ensuring existing services remain operational
- Undertake security monitoring, upgrading & replacing infrastructure
- Provide technical support for end users
- Providing out of hours emergency support
The ideal candidate must have the following:
- IT security awareness regarding Infrastructure technologies & best practices
- ISO 27001 & Cyber essentials Knowledge
- System Center Config Manager \ Modern End Point Management patch management
- Antivirus - Defender for Endpoint\Server
- Active Directory knowledge & experience
- MS Azure knowledge & experience
- Desktop hardware & software support experience
- Wide & local & WiFi network security knowledge
- Creating technical documentation & knowledge sharing abilities (hand over to ServiceDesk)
Specific technical/technology skills:
- Azure PaaS & IaaS
- MS OS - client Server
- DNS/DHCP/AD/Azure AD/ADFS/DFS
We're ready to invest in you and your future, and offer wide-ranging, performance-related progression opportunities. Our competitive rewards packages feature flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities.
We'd love you to join us in proudly building Britain's future heritage. Apply online now.
Sir Robert McAlpine is focused on being a truly inclusive employer.