An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation. Our client, a blue-chip IT company, is currently seeking an Infrastructure Support Specialist I based on their customer site in Yeovil. This is a full-time, permanent role to start ASAP. The role is paying up to £30,600 per annum depending on experience. Working between 08:00 - 17:30 Monday - Thursday and 08:00 - 16:00 Fridays
Due to the nature of our client's work the successful candidate must either hold or be able to obtain SC Security Clearance. For this reason, we are only able to progress applications from British nationals who already have BPSS
We are seeking a storage engineer to provide technical support for our team based at client site.
The ideal candidate will have experience with data storage applications and cloud-based file systems.
The engineer will be responsible for designing, implementing, and deploying shared system resources. They will also work on performance analysis and troubleshooting, data recovery strategies, and backup measures. Experience with data storage applications and cloud-based file systems is required.
The successful candidate will be required to work with existing technologies and work with new technologies as they are introduced at site.
- Design, implement, and deploy shared system resources
- Work on performance analysis and troubleshooting
- Data recovery strategies
- Backup measures
- Knowledge of storage hardware architectures
- Familiarity with high-level programming languages
- Experience working in a distributed file systems environment
- Stays up-to-date on new technologies to ensure they offer the latest solutions to their clients
Systems on site include:
- Symantec Net
- Spectrum Protect
- Spectrum Protect Plus
- Excellent investigative skills
- Thorough approach to problem resolution
- Previous history of working in similar role
- Storage and Backups
- Ability to write formal detailed documentation
- You will be expected to have excellent written and oral communication skills as there will be a requirement to liaise directly with our client
- Good team player
- Embrace change
- Rise to challenges
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team
- Out going
Driving license Essential to provide support across the large site and surrounding satellite sites
- Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology preferred
- MCP / MCSA preferable
- Service management tools