SCOPE OF LEADERSHIP ROLE
The Infrastructure SQL Server Administrator will deliver value to our customers by supporting and maintaining a broad range of IT solutions on-premise and in the cloud. This position will require a flexible person who learns quickly, likes to use many different technologies, and has a solid foundation of IT knowledge. This experience and knowledge will be used to support our customers in a meaningful and value-driven way. You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. You should have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users.
* Oversees and maintains existing SQL Server infrastructure on multiple technologies, e.g., Windows, VMWare, Azure
* Responsible for effective performance tuning to support business critical services and applications.
* Participates as a member of a corporate-wide systems administration team to ensure consistency in the management of applications, administrative policies and procedures relative to SQL Servers.
* Collaborate with operations staff, vendors, development teams, and security teams to ensure secure and reliable operation of software and systems
* Work with business application owners, decision makers, and stakeholders to define requirements and systems goals, and to identify and resolve business systems issues.
* Must have a proven track record in successfully implementing Application Performance Monitoring tools like Dynatrace or related products.
* Architects, builds, and maintains the tools that execute automation.
* Bachelor of Information Technology
* 8 years managing enterprise-level database environments.
* Extensive knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2016/2017/2019
* Strong Microsoft SQL query optimization and index management.
* Adept at Transactional Replication, including setup, troubleshooting, and creating replication scripts.
* Strong understanding of Windows Clustering, Always-On, and Partitioning.
* Able to implement Disaster Recovery methods.
* Ability to review developer code to assure SQL best practices and to identify areas of inefficient query structures
* 5 Years SQL Server/Application Performance Monitoring tool experience.
* 5 years Cloud platform configuration, management, and implementation
* Strong Project management skills.
* Strong analytical, innovative thinking, problem solving, issue resolution and documentation skills.
* Ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task
* Available for off hours project deployments and outage response.
* 3 years Microsoft centric cloud and on-premise technologies - Azure, Azure Active Directory, AWS, etc.
* Experience with SDLC/DevOps Tools (Jenkins, Ansible, Ponderance, Jira, etc.)
* Sitecore Architecture planning
* Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions