Airwalk are a 180-person technology consultancy, focussed on delivering technology transformation projects for clients such as HSBC, Mastercard, London Stock Exchange, UK Parliament and a whole host of other well-known financial services and public sector clients. We're proud to have been recognised as a Great Place To Work and UK Best Workplace for Wellbeing 2021-22.
Based around our regional hubs in London, Sheffield, Manchester, Edinburgh and Hong Kong, our teams of Architects, Engineers and Technology Delivery Consultants partner with client teams in global banks, payments providers, insurers, and public sector organisations to drive transformational change using public cloud and other innovative technologies.
Our expertise is in Cloud Strategy, Implementation and Acceleration, DevOps Transformation, Cyber & Cloud Security & Compliance and Complex Programme and Change Delivery. Projects that Airwalk consultants work on will often impact millions of customers globally.
Since November 2020 we have been part of Reply Group, a global network of over 150 businesses with 9,000+ colleagues, each with deep specialism in areas such as Cloud, Artificial Intelligence, IoT, Blockchain, Quantum Computing, Blockchain and Cyber Security.
As AWS Premier Consulting Partners, Airwalk Reply are one of 5 Reply companies focussed on providing end-to-end solutions on AWS from Cloud Advisory to Migration and Managed Services, with a strong focus on Cloud-Native Development, IoT, Big Data and ML.
Reply hold 12 AWS Competencies, 9 AWS Service Validations, 400+ AWS Certifications and have overseen 200+ AWS Customer Launches.
About the opportunity
One of our major Public Sector clients is undertaking a major programme of works over the next 10 years. To deliver such a nationally significant project, new legal entities were set up to oversee the running and governance of the programme. Those legal entities needed a brand new contemporary Digital capability to support their operations from Day One. Airwalk were engaged to design and establish the new Digital service from scratch, making maximum use of Cloud and contemporary collaboration tools to ensure the service is scalable, flexible and location agnostic.
This has included a brand-new desktop environment, client devices (laptops and mobiles), printing and meeting services and the associated fixed, wireless, and mobile networking to provide the service to the growing customer base on and off-site.
Having built the capability from scratch, we now run it operationally, providing ongoing change support, 1st, 2nd line helpdesk support and pro-active operational engineering support through an Infrastructure Operations team.
You will be part of the Infrastructure Operations team. It has ownership of the day-to-day operation of the environment, providing proactive support and ongoing support and enhancement of the platform.
We are continually looking at ways to automate any routine task we do and lower the toil in day to day working.
Day to Day Responsibilities may include:
Required Skills and Experience:
- Providing Ingress for automated incidents and minor BAU change requests
- Updating of applications/OS on endpoint and infrastructure
- Owning the day-to-day operation of the environment - checking and adding logs, events, dashboards, metrics, monitoring alerts etc.
You will be an Infrastructure Engineer with a good amount of experience working in Modern Microsoft environments. Key skills will include:
- Microsoft Windows 10
- Windows Virtual Desktop/Image deployment
- Office 365 Platform
- Azure AD + EMS
- Legacy server Estate
- Azure/Endpoint (general)
- Powershell Scripting
- Kubernetes (general)
- Understanding of Infrastructure as code (Terraform/ADO)
- Elastic Observability Platform (Logging/Alerting)
- Billable & Non-Billable Bonus Schemes
- 7.5% Pension Contributions
- 25 days holiday
- Private Healthcare
- £1,500 training budget plus open access to our L&D partner You Can Now
- Macbook / iPhone
- Flexible Hybrid Working
- 4 x Salary Life Insurance
- Flu Jabs
- Cycle Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- We're as flexible as we can be on location. Generally our consultants will work from home and get together in an office once or twice a month. Client work can be f2f but htat's usually rare, and adhoc. We have offices in London Liverpool Street, London Victoria, Manchester, Edinburgh and Sheffield
- Recruiter interview
- Team interview
- Account call (1.5hr total)
Azure, Cloud Computing, PowerShellAzure