The Infrastructure Manager is responsible for the management, availability and support of all IT infrastructure technologies, including corporate office network and production datacenters. The Infrastructure Manager will lead, coach and mentor a team of highly skilled, technical professionals responsible for 24x7 operation of the infrastructure. The position requires extensive knowledge and experience with a broad range of infrastructure, virtualization, storage, disaster recovery (DR) & datacenter systems, cloud services, and networking.
Normal Day-to-Day Work
- Lead system administrators, other technical teams, and service providers to ensure timely resolutions of issues.
- Consult with business owners to facilitate infrastructure to support their unique infrastructure needs related to core processing and overlaying applications.
- Develop and provision the network, server and storage resources to host credit union and financial services environments.
- Recommend and execute modifications to server and storage environment to improve efficiency, reliability, and performance.
- Design and develop secure computing requirements and architecture in compliance with enterprise security standards.
- Oversee planning and scheduling of system downtime for maintenance windows, coordinating with stakeholders and change management to minimize impact to services.
- Builds new practices that differentiate, complement, and augment our existing infrastructure in the enterprise application and financial core areas.
- Develop and maintain technical standards and procedures related to systems, infrastructure, and network design and administration.
- Work with MIS teams in the development of research infrastructure in support of data intensive activities, including the deployment and operation of platforms and tools to support enterprise's operational and strategic initiatives.
Here are a few skills you MUST have to be considered for this position.
- Minimum 7-9 years Information Technology experience, with lead or management role managing, designing, and deploying medium to large scale infrastructure solutions.
- Strong experience in managing infrastructure solutions across storage, disaster recovery, BCP, virtualization, networking, systems administration.
- Experience managing VMWare, Windows, Linux, datacenter and production environments.
- Demonstrated knowledge of cloud platforms, such as AWS, Azure, and/or GCP.
- Strong PC proficiency including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Ability to function in a Consumer business office environment and utilize standard office equipment including but not limited to: PC, copier, telephone, etc.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. (file boxes, computer printer).
- Travel required on occasion.
Here are a few qualifications we'd LIKE you to have to make you more suited for this position.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science/Engineering or related degree.
- Previous experience working within a credit union, bank, or FinTech.
- Significant experience with VMWare VDI Horizon Solution.
- VMWare, Cisco, or AWS certification(s).
- Experience architecting and managing infrastructure or solutions in a cloud environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to formulate questions, provide input and explain complex technical concepts.
About the LGFCU Culture
If you are working here, or considering working here, you should know a little something about the LGFCU culture. We are a workplace that highly values the contributions of a diverse group of people. We believe if we put our heads and hands together, we can accomplish amazing feats for our members. To this end, we recruit bright, energetic and talented people to be members of our team. In return, we offer a dynamic workplace that presents opportunities for advancement and learning new skills. We really believe that when our employees succeed, members win.
If you have questions about this position description, please feel welcome to ask. You can reach our HR at:
LGFCU Human Resources
3600 Wake Forest Rd
Raleigh, NC 27609