Infrastructure Engineer - Windows & Citrix Environment - West Yorkshire or fully remote working (Must Be Living in the UK) - Salary of £38,000 - £43,000 Plus Flexible Benefits Package - Virtual Internal Managed Services team.
As an Infrastructure Engineer within this international Insurance Software corporate, you will be joining a motivated internal Managed Services team that supports the company's Windows Servers & Citrix IT Infrastructure & Hosted solutions.
With a broad remit across Windows Servers (2012 to 2022), VMWare, Citrix (XenApp & NetScaler), Active Directory, Group Policy, ADFS, Domains, WSUS, Solarwinds, SAN's & other storage solutions, the Infrastructure Engineer will support the technical IT Infrastructure estate - creating, improving, monitoring and supporting virtual & physical Servers to ensure the high availability SLA's are met.
- Working with a variety of hardware, software and applications to provide a prompt, friendly and professional service to the IT users in relation to systems including system administration, documentation &
- Planning and installation of new hardware, monitoring system uptime, ensuring high availability, resolving complex client related problems and designing and implementing all data centre and internally hosted computer systems.
- Undertaking all functions relating to the installation, configuration and operation of the hosting infrastructure
- Identifying system configuration and/or performance irregularities.
- Developing procedures to respond to these irregularities in a timely manner
- Documenting and improving existing processes and procedures
- Serving as a technical resource by providing support to multiple projects and business units
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Experience as an Infrastructure Engineer, used to providing 3rd Line support
- Good Windows Server skills
- Experience of managing, securing and installing Hosted Infrastructure - in particular: Citrix hosted applications & associated AD + GPO configuration
- Ideally experience of both Citrix XenApp & NetScaler
- Infrastructure Automation and Shell scripting skills
- Virtualisation using VMware
- AD, GPO, ADFS, Domains, Permission Models & WSUS
- SolarWinds or similar monitoring solutions
- HPE Primera /Nimble storage or similar
- Additional knowledge of AWS, GCP or Azure is beneficial as the company will be moving to a Cloud 1st approach in the near future.
Interested Engineers seeking a quality employer who actively encourages Engineers to keep learning & growing and who offer interesting, ongoing professional challenges to conquer, YOU need to apply now!