Part of a larger team delivering high quality Computer, Network, Storage and End-User Infrastructure technology solutions, on-going support to the business. Independently completes and leads infrastructure project assignments. Plan, research, evaluate, design, and engineer the enterprise's technology infrastructure. Provide technical support and troubleshooting, cost estimates, justifications, and recommendations. Produces technical documentation, support and configuration. Helps manage, plan, and maintain technical platforms including upgrading systems. Monitor system performance, and install and configure hardware.
Responsible for collaborating with other Job Families such as Project Managers, Architects, Solution Engineers, Technicians, Business Analysts to deliver consistent, reliable technology solutions that leverage AEP's technology standards, architectures and best practices.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS are listed below:
Working independently, responsibilities include the following related to Computer, Network, Storage, Cloud and End-User infrastructure:
- 3+ years of hands-on experiences with performance analysis and load testing tools, such as LoadRunner, Eggplant Performance Studio, NeoLoad, JMeter, etc.
- 3+ years of hands-on skills to create performance test artifacts; including test plans, test scripts and test summaries.
- Perform load tests to validate end-to-end system performance and stability.
- Perform root cause analysis of performance issues and suggest corrective actions.
- Performs and leads complex infrastructure project assignments.
- Plan, research, evaluate, design and analyze performance of complex infrastructure systems.
- Provides advanced technical support and analysis, operation, administration, and troubleshooting activities.
- Adhere and advocate change management policies, incident management and trouble response scenarios.
- Prepare cost estimates, justifications, application requirements, alternative solutions, and technical recommendations.
- Lead, facilitate, and coordinate work activities of others within the work group, team or department.
- Prepare technical documentation including procedures, manuals, reports and standards.
- Review and adhere to budgeting and approval processes while partaking in annual and project planning.
- May provide training and mentoring, as well as work direction, to others on the team.
Education: Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or related technical field is required.
Experience: 7 years of relevant work experience is required.
An equivalent combination of education and related experience may be considered.
Additional Preferred Requirements:
Solid understanding of:
- Oracle Weblogic, IBM Websphere, Microsoft IIS web/application servers
- Oracle, IBM DB2, Microsoft SQL Server Databases
- JIRA (pipeline), Eggplant Functional / DAI (test automation)
- Microsoft Windows Server, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, IBM AIX operating systems
Adhere to policies, procedures, standards, codes and regulations relevant to assignments.
Mentor and provide functional/technical leadership and work direction to staff
Demonstrate in-depth and thorough knowledge of AEP infrastructure, environment, components, and facilities to enable more efficient and comprehensive responses to projects and problems.
Exhibit and apply advanced proficiency in analysis, design, problem solving, troubleshooting, resolution, communication, and customer service skills.
Physical demand level is Sedentary