McKesson requires new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as defined by the CDC, subject to applicable, verified accommodation requests.
The Infrastructure Analyst - Storage & Backup is responsible for the technical leadership, execution, delivery, and maintenance of storage infrastructure/technologies; NetApp, IBM Storage, Commvault and hybrid/public cloud implementations. The Infrastructure Analyst - Storage & Backup will lead the corporate execution and delivery of storage & backup automation working with internal subject matter experts and partners/vendors to deliver the solution. This role is responsible for operational activities related to implementing and supporting of all storage & backup technology solutions that meet the needs of business operations.
- Configuration management development: Ansible, Terraform, or Puppet Enterprise
- Builds templates for both San & NAS storage delivery
- Serves as an advocate for business stakeholders into IT and helps evangelize the role of midrange technology back to the business
- Troubleshoots advanced problems with both Production and Non-Production systems as necessary
- Provides well-considered counsel to leadership and other business service leaders on the strategic two to three-year technology roadmap
- Presents innovative forward-thinking concepts and technology to improve business processes
- Participates in IT strategic planning and budget planning efforts
- Contributes to our positive, team-oriented culture by developing and maintaining cooperative relationships, facilitating the resolution of conflicts, and accepting and providing constructive feedback.
- Monitor system performance and reliability over time
- Ability to deploy, manage, and operate scalable, highly available, and fault-tolerant systems
- Knowhow to implement and control the flow of data, to and from a service provider
- Capability to select the appropriate services based on storage, data, or security requirements
- Ability to estimate usage costs and identify operational cost control mechanisms.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training
- 7+ years of experience in a highly technical professional environment
- 3+ years of experience in delivering Software Defined Infrastructure, leveraging automation, orchestration, scripting technologies.
- Automation experience required.
- Experience in migrating infrastructure and OS, Win2k8-Win2016, Win 10.
- Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure components (Required).
- ? Experienced in Storage & backup technologies - specifically NetApp, EMC & IBM storage, Commvault
- Orchestration / Automation skills: Infrastructure as Code, Scripting including Terraform, PowerShell for Windows, shell scripting for Red Hat Linux, Python, or Ruby
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written with all levels within the organization
- Working knowledge of NetApp, Commvault etc.
- Ability to effectively explain technical concepts and adjust messaging based on the audience
- Ability to influence through outstanding interpersonal skills, collaboration, and negotiation skills
- Ability to work well within a team environment, as well as independently
- Ability to work with various cloud technology
- Ability to translate architectural requirements
- Security skills: Familiarity with both native and 3rd party mechanisms for securing data in public cloud platforms
- Transforms the organization by leveraging and enabling automation, orchestration, continuous integration, and continuous delivery (CI/CD).
- Experience in monitoring and auditing systems
- Functions as a technical change agent and influences product direction to increase IT business value and simplicity
- Experienced in RESTful API based development background with ITSM integration
- Relevant experience as a systems administrator in a systems operation's role
- Knowledge of networking concepts (e.g., DNS, TCP/IP, and firewalls)
General Office Demands
Travel = up to 20%
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to . Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!