Your Role You will be responsible for the insertion of our solution portfolio and growth of our business by winning transformational business opportunities in our most strategic customers and specifically within the Vodafone group including its associated operating businesses. The role would ideally be located in the UK or Italy.
Establishing and nurturing key business relationships at all levels and particularly with C-suite stakeholders you will carry a sales target that will be retired through your personal sales success and ability to win deals. You will work closely and consult with our mainstream Ciena account team but drive your own sales and engagement strategy to ensure the integrity of my client's brand is maintained and recognized as a value-based brand to deliver vendor neutral, multi-domain and multi-layer automated service operations to the telco service provider. You will report to the head of the Blue Planet sales & business development team for strategic accounts in EMEA and manage a dispersed virtual team of contributors to secure your objectives.
• Achieve annual sales targets and grow our client's solution footprint in customer organizations
• Provide accurate sales forecasting and reporting on a periodic basis
• Establish, maintain, and develop critical business relationships with key business, technical and operational stakeholders at all levels including C-suite contacts in your customer organization.
• Develop, document, and execute a business development strategy that promotes Blue Planet capabilities and solutions, aligns to customer strategy, and secures new and continued sales growth through progressive wins.
• Work closely to achieve your goals and foster good working relationships with other agencies internally including product management & engineering, solution architecture, marketing, sales, and commercial management.
• Maintain, grow and document a sales and opportunity pipeline commensurate with sales targets and manage it effectively in Salesforce.com.
• Lead a virtual team of contributors in the response to customer RFx documentation or unsolicited proposals and ensure on time quality delivery to promote greatest chance of success.
• Create compelling and differentiated commercial frameworks and pricing strategies in consultation with our sales operations, commercial management & finance organization that align to customer expectations and create ongoing, profitable repeat business opportunity.
• Work closely with our delivery organization to ensure a joined-up approach to ensure customer success at all levels.
• Maintain high levels of training and awareness of market developments, customer strategies and portfolio enhancements.
You will have already demonstrated your ability to succeed in similar organizations and have an impressive track record that illustrates your competence in highly complex, high value transformational projects. You will have a solid technical understanding and an ability to translate the technical into business value propositions that align to your customers vision and strategic aims whilst being able to robustly qualify and identify the difference between real opportunities and technical science projects. You will be able to motivate a team of contributors to work with you to achieve your goals and objectives and above all you will be charismatic, fun to work with and ready to roll your sleeves up to work hard to build on our success so far and have a willingness to take on responsibility and accountability for your own objectives.
• BSc degree qualification at 2:1 or above in computing science or engineering disciplines is desirable.
• Excellent written and spoken English with demonstrably sound presentation and communication skills.
• Second European language preferred.
• 10/15 Years+ experience in selling complex operational systems and services with evidence of demonstrable success in winning high-value deals.
• Ideally knowledge of OSS platforms and solutions including competence in Orchestration, Assurance, and Inventory management (however, solid software sales into VF would be sufficient - anything across OSS, BSS, Automation, Network Analytics, Core Network, NFV, Service Assurance would fit well).
• Solid foundation of established and referenceable relationship at all levels including C-suite preferred in your designated customer
Please ignore the salary details mentioned - the package would be according to the experience level and is flexible