Engineering Manager - Ad Serving Infrastructure
Nextdoor is where you connect to the neighborhoods that matter to you, so you can belong. Our purpose is to cultivate a kinder world where everyone has a neighborhood they can rely on.
Neighbors around the world turn to Nextdoor daily to receive trusted information, give and get help, get things done, and build real-world connections with those nearby - neighbors, businesses, and public services. Today, neighbors rely on Nextdoor in more than 290,000 neighborhoods across 11 countries.
Meet Your Future Neighbors
At Nextdoor, the Ads Engineering organization is responsible for building next-generation Ads platforms focused on serving neighborhoods worldwide, as well as building buying platforms based on the needs of local advertisers and businesses.
We are looking for an experienced ads technology engineering leader to build the next generation of AdServing platform to deliver relevant sponsored content to our neighbors. We are in the early phases of building serving technology, so this leader will define the technical roadmap to deliver on scalable, resilient adserver, indexing, auction system, ads pacing, budget controls, tracking, objective-based delivery, and automation by building a suite of products like auto-bidding, placement optimization, and more.
The Impact You ll Make
You'll recruit and manage engineers and drive the Ads Server technical design and execution in alignment with the overall Ads strategy. You will partner with product and business peers, as well as the broader Nextdoor's engineering organization. You will define the technical design for our Ads Serving stack and lead execution to support Nextdoor s product and engineering strategy. Reporting to the Head of Ads Engineering, you will drive projects to deliver value to our large ads customers and small businesses.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing and leading a diverse, talented, multidisciplinary team through recruiting and mentorship
- Responsibility for the technical roadmap, architecture, as well as execution of deliverables of Ads Serving Infrastructure team
- Partnering with engineers to design and build a scalable, reliable and innovative Ads Serving Platform
- Responsibility for adserver compliance based on: Platform guidelines and Regulations, GDPR, CCPA etc.
- Partnering and collaborating with cross-functional product, engineering, and sales teams across the company to build roadmap for adserving and support operations
What You ll Bring To The Team
- 8+ years of industry experience building large-scale infrastructure, serving millions of users
- 3+ years of experience leading teams to build engineering platforms and services at scale
- Ads domain expertise and tuned to industry trends and best practices
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead high-performing teams
- Clear, concise communication and presentation skills, demonstrating grace under pressure
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a dynamic start-up environment
- Genuine curiosity and a hunger for learning
- Strong desire to serve local communities and neighbors worldwide
- Experience building products for large scale social platforms
- Experience with cloud infrastructure technologies like: AWS, GCP
At Nextdoor, we empower our employees to build stronger local communities. To create a platform where all feel welcome, we want our workforce to reflect the diversity of the neighbors we seek to serve. We encourage everyone interested in our purpose to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, or any other trait that unfairly targets a group of people.