SoundHound Inc. builds voice AI products that make it easier for people to engage with the world around them. We do this by creating custom voice assistants that make it possible for companies to extend their brand in new and meaningful ways. Today, our customized voice AI solutions allow people to talk to phones, cars, smart speakers, mobile apps, coffee machines, and every other part of the emerging voice-first world.
The Conversational AI team at SoundHound has assembled a highly productive group of software engineers who are building first-of-its-kind conversational AI experiences in many different domains. We are looking to add an engineering leader who is passionate about people growth and organizational development for software engineering teams.
This newly created role is a unique opportunity to organize and shape the structure of a talented and dedicated team while building revolutionary voice AI products and interfaces.
You will join a leadership team keen to adopt best practices in software engineering while also searching for innovative approaches to solve existing and emerging challenges in conversational AI.In this role you will:
We would love to hear from you if:
- Lead a group of software generalists, using multidisciplinary approaches to develop solutions to the core problems in conversational AI
- Bring structure, organization, and efficiency to an existing team to amplify impact and productivity
- Mentor and create career development opportunities for individual team members
- Collaborate with other engineering leaders at SoundHound on cross-team initiatives and share best practices
- Attend weekly engineering management meetings led by the CTO and attended by all Director and Exec-level team members relevant to engineering
- You have a track record of individual technical accomplishments
- You pride yourself in bringing the best out of each individual on the team
- You strive to build cohesive teams of people who love to work together
- You can boost the productivity of a team by continually improving organization
- You are always looking for ways to inspire teams to achieve big goals
- You have significant industry experience (10+ years), plus a BS degree in Computer Science (or equivalent)
We d be especially excited to hear from you if you are already deeply familiar with Voice AI (ASR, NLU, Wake words, TTS, etc.) and are particularly passionate about our mission to Houndify Everything. For this role, prior management and team building experience is also a big plus, as is deep hands-on experience writing highly-performant modern C++ code at scale.
Here at SoundHound, diversity, equity, and inclusion are key to who we are as a company. With a mission to build Voice AI for the world, creating a team with global perspectives is critical to our success.
We care deeply about fostering an environment where everyone is supported and can do their best work. SoundHound will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits of employment.
Employees enjoy comprehensive health care, paid time off, discounted fitness classes, and flexible working hours. Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and culture at
Come join our growing team and bring your unique voice to our mission!