LifePoint Health- Health Support Center
LifePoint Health has an opportunity for a Director, Cloud Infrastructure- Remote. The Director, Cloud Infrastructure is responsible for supporting the AVP, HITS Infrastructure Services by leading LifePoint Health's technical design and engineering of public cloud services and to ensure their alignment with LifePoint Health's Health Support Center goals, objectives, policies, and procedures. Under the direction of the Chief Technology Officer and the AVP of Infrastructure Services, this role is responsible for the architecture, design, build, and optimal performance and security of public cloud infrastructure systems, tools and processes while acting as primary IT contact for those technologies.
LifePoint Health is a leader in community-based care and driven by a mission of Making Communities Healthier. Our diversified healthcare delivery network spans 29 states and includes 63 community hospital campuses, 32 rehabilitation and behavioral health hospitals, and more than 170 additional sites of care across the healthcare continuum, such as acute rehabilitation units, outpatient centers and post-acute care facilities. We believe that success is achieved through talented people. We want to create places where employees want to work, with opportunities to pursue meaningful and satisfying careers that truly make a difference in communities across the country.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: To perform this job, an individual must perform each essential function satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Understand strategic vision of HITS Infrastructure Services and Information Security departments and design cloud infrastructures to support and advance the vision and business objectives. Contribute to annual operating plans and budgets that support those strategies.
- Maintain a solid understanding of technical trends, evaluate new technologies and initiate and execute projects in support of the vision across supported technical areas.
- Ensure adequate technical and security solutions are in place and actively managed, working closely with IT infrastructure, application, information security and other functional teams and vendors and to define and deploy those solutions. Lead initiatives to improve these solutions in terms of both service delivery and cost.
- Develop and refine the operational support model(s) for cloud infrastructures and serve as an escalation and coordination point for incidents and critical events. In addition, supervise the creation and maintenance of technical standards and engineering designs across supported technical areas.
- Work closely with the Director of Cloud Security to facilitate information security risk assessment and risk management processes. Work with internal and external auditors, as well as key partners, to assess compliance of the supported technologies with policies, standards, procedures, and best practices.
- Oversee strategic technology vendor relationships to ensure vendor accountability and alignment to business objectives, including resellers, public cloud providers and managed service providers. Supervise support vendor performance to ensure they are performing competently and LifePoint is receiving quality services aligned with contractual terms and conditions.
- Maintain compliance with LifePoint standards and policies across all supported technologies. Recognize existing and potential shortfalls and initiate action to limit exposure and risk, working closely with all areas of HITS. Develop and oversee implementation of plans to support infrastructure policies including patch management, backup and recovery and disaster recovery in the cloud environments.
- Manage and provide business leadership in procurement, budget, and spending, and forecasting for cloud technologies. Directly manage budgets for routine maintenance of technologies as well as technology projects.
- Coordinate with the IT acquisition team to assess, plan and budget for future integration of aligned locations, and coordinate the integration and remediation of cloud systems and services as necessary.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Position serves both internal co-workers and external customers, clients, patients, contractors, and vendors.
Access to and / or works with sensitive and / or confidential information.
Exhibit a comprehensive understanding of healthcare regulatory and compliance (e.g., HIPAA). Skilled in the application of policies and procedures. Knowledge of Business Office Standards and Recommended Practices.
Manage the work of others, including planning, assigning, scheduling, and reviewing work and ensuring quality standards. The position requires management of employees, contracts, vendors, and contractors associated with the ancillary LifePoint facilities.
At LifePoint, our Mission of Making Communities Healthier extends to our employees. We offer an excellent total compensation package, including a competitive salary and benefits. Some of our benefits include 401k, flexible PTO, generous Employee illness benefit (EIB), medical, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement, and an Employee Assistance Program. We believe that happy, healthy people have a passionate engagement with life and work and have designed our package to enhance your wellbeing.Job Requirements:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
Education: BS in computer science, MIS or equivalent experience required; MBA preferred. Significant experience considered in lieu of education.
Experience: Minimum 10 years of relevant and broad experience across multiple areas of infrastructure architecture, engineering and / or support; experience working in multi-facility healthcare information services department; minimum 5 years of progressive leadership experience required.
Certifications: Vendor certifications in relevant technologies (e.g., cloud storage, virtualization, networking) are relevant and should be current. Microsoft Azure certifications are strongly encouraged. Vendor-agnostic / process-based certifications such as those from PMI, ITIL, ISACA and ISC2 are considered favorably.
Minimal overnight travel is anticipated (up to 10%) by land and/or air.LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans' status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.