United States of America
VA149: 1110 N Glebe Road Arlington 1110 North Glebe Road Suite 630, Arlington, VA, 22201 USA
Cyber Security Incident Responder
Raytheon Intelligence and Space (RIS) is supporting a U.S. Government customer on a large mission critical development and sustainment program to design, build, deliver, and operate a network operations environment; including introducing new cyber capabilities to address emerging threats. In support of the customer's strategic direction, RIS is looking for qualified Cyber Security Incident Responder who can support our customer in the detection, response, mitigation, and reporting of cyber threats affecting the client networks. This position requires shift work including nights/weekends
Responsibilities will include:
* Provide support in the detection, response, mitigation, and reporting of cyber threats affecting client networks
* Maintain an understanding of the current vulnerabilities, response, and mitigation strategies used in cyber security operations
* Produce reports and briefs to provide an accurate depiction of the current threat landscape and associated risk.
* Provide analysis for correlated information sources
* Facilitate the customer's posturing itself to aggressively investigate cyber activity targeting customer information and its information infrastructure
* Assist the customer training department in the education of staff on the cyber threat
* Liaison with other government cyber threat analysis entities, such as intra-agency and inter-agency Cyber Threat Working Groups
* Maintaining proficiency in the use and production of visualization charts, link analysis diagrams, and database queries
* Analyze and report cyber threats as well as assist in deterring, identifying, monitoring, investigating and analyzing computer network intrusions
* Meet and maintain customer required Information Assurance training compliance
* Must have active/current Top Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI.
* Must be able to receive DHS suitability prior to starting employment.
* Hands-on experience in the detection, response, mitigation, and/or reporting of cyber threats affecting client networks and one or more of the following:•Experience in computer intrusion analysis and incident response
* Computer network surveillance/monitoring
* Knowledge and understanding of network protocols, network devices, multiple operating systems, and secure architectures
* Experience in computer evidence seizure, computer forensic analysis, and data recovery
* Computer network forensics
* System log analysis
* Experience with current cyber threats and the associated tactics, techniques, and procedures used to infiltrate computer networks
* Current experience with network intrusion detection and response operations (Protect, Defend, Respond and Sustain methodology)
* Current experience with cyber threats and the associated tactics, techniques, and procedures used to infiltrate computer networks
* Proficiency with MS Office Applications
* Must be able to work collaboratively across agencies and physical locations
* Experience supporting DHS, Federal Civil, Intelligence and/or DoD Customers
* Malware reverse engineering experience
* Scripting experience (python, perl etc…)
* Experience with process development and deployment
* Excellent writing skills
* Prior experience with data visualization products such as Analyst Notebook is desired.
* Prior experience with Splunk
* Additional Technical CND Incident Reporter Certification(CEH, GCIH, GCIA, GNFA)
* DoDI 8570.01-M 8570.01-M IAT Level I Compliant Certification (Network + CE, A+ CE, CCNA + Security, SSCP)
Required Education (including Major):
* 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor of Science Degree OR 4 year of experience and a Master's Degree
* 8 additional years of professional experience may be considered in lieu of a bachelor's degree
Requires advanced knowledge of work area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. May have practical knowledge of project
management. Practical to substantial knowledge of RTX projects, programs or systems with the ability to make enhancements and leverage in daily work.
A University Degree or equivalent experience and minimum 5 years prior relevant experience, or An Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 3 years experience
Engineering/Other Technical Positions:
Typically requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and a minimum of 5 years of prior relevant experience unless prohibited by local laws/regulations.
Employee Referral Award Eligibility: Only employees currently within RMD and RI&S have the potential to receive a Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles. ALL eligibility requirements must be met to receive the Referral Awarding.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms