Cyber Security Engineer
U.S. citizenship is required for this position due to Department of Defense restrictions.
Who We Are
WPS Health Solutions is a leading not-for-profit health insurer in Wisconsin. Our services offer health insurance plans for individuals, families, seniors, and group plans for small to large businesses. We process claims and provide customer service support for beneficiaries of the Medicare program and manage benefits for millions of active-duty and retired military personnel across the U.S. and abroad. In 2021, WPS Health Solutions celebrated 75 years of making health insurance easier for those we serve. Proud to be military and veteran ready.
WPS' Performance-Based Culture is where the great work and innovations of our people are seen, fueled, and rewarded. We accomplish this by creating an inclusive, empowering employee experience, focusing on People, Work, and Conditions. This results in people bringing their authentic selves to work every day in an organization that successfully adapts to business changes and new opportunities. We are guided by our Purpose: Together, making health care easier for the people we serve.
In 2021, WPS Health Solutions was recognized for several awards including:
* Madison, Wisconsin's Top Workplaces
* Top Workplace national cultural excellence awards for Remote Work and Work-Life Flexibility
* Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces® with the further honor of Achievers "Elite 8" winner in the category of Culture Alignment
The Cyber Security Engineer will play a crucial role in developing and securing WPS systems and data from potential threats or compromise. You will help to provide leadership and guidance to other members of team. Assist with security-related projects and efforts to secure the enterprise. You will also provide cyber security engineering and design functions of Enterprise Security team, involving various tools and capabilities, consulting with other teams on security solutions, installing and building of security tools, and ensuring maintenance and overall health of security solutions.
How do I know this opportunity is right for me?
* You have a desire to help guide security implementations specifically in the areas of data loss prevention and end point security.
* You possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and can navigate in an environment with both highly technical and highly nontechnical individuals.
* You enjoy working in the "grey", possessing the unique ability to deal with ambiguous information/ conditions/ circumstance and want to be able to make expert judgments in situations where no precedent exists.
* Are comfortable interacting and communicating with all levels of staff.
* You tend to get excited about creating and presenting materials ranging from detailed technical specifications to high-level presentations.
* You possess the ability to translate technical security concepts into layperson's terms and to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
What will I gain from this role?
* Experience working in a highly complex highly security conscious environment that has a security umbrella that encompasses health Insurance, contract with Center for Medicare and Medicaid Service (CMS) and Department of Defense contracts that include and Tricare.
* Working with thought leaders that enjoy mentoring, guiding, and teaching security industry standards.
* Working in an environment that serves our Nation's military, veterans, Guard and Reserves along with their families.
* Working in a continuous performance feedback environment.
* U.S. citizenship is required for this position due to Department of Defense restrictions.
* Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent post high school and/or related work experience
* 2 or more years of experience in Information Systems performing security engineering with a focus on application, networking, endpoint, server/virtualization, identity and access management, data, or cloud security.
* An understanding and interest of security and compliance impacts of environmental changes
* Must possess an active certification or obtain one of the following within 6 months of hire: Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP), Global Information Assurance Certification Security Essentials Certification (GSEC), CompTIA Security +, Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) or more advanced certification
* Understanding of network security tools that could include: IDPS, HIPS/HIDS, Firewalls, and Decryption.
* Experience with DLP and Data discovery and identification tools.
* Perform regular R&D efforts to proactively develop security solutions to support company and mission.
This role is open to 100% remote work for this opportunity in the following approved states:
Approved States: Arizona, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Jersey, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, Virginia, Wisconsin
Hiring Manager - Aaron Kesller
Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) - Aaron Call
Deputy CISO - Chad Joranlien
Currently, WPS strongly encourages employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. However, if the court reinstates the vaccination requirement for federal government contractors, as a condition of continued employment with WPS, you would either need to be fully vaccinated or have an approved accommodation.
* The base pay offered for this position may vary based on your experience, knowledge, skills and may fall outside the posted range.
* Remote and hybrid work options available
* Performance bonus and/or merit increase opportunities
* 401(k) with dollar-per-dollar match up to 6% of salary (100% vested immediately)
* Competitive paid time off
* Health, dental insurance, Teladoc starts DAY 1
* Review additional benefits here
Sign up for Job Alerts