Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
This position can be located in Orlando, FL, Lakeland, FL or Miami, FL
As a member of the professional staff, contributes specialized knowledge and skill in a discipline (e.g., Accounting, Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, Operations Planning & Support, Sales & Marketing) area to support team and/or department business objectives. Generally, works under limited supervision, but within established guidelines, producing and analyzing more complex business information to assist in the decision-making process.
Specific Job Summary
The position will function as a technology specialist providing engineering, delivery, and technical assistance of enterprise-class Information Security systems both on premises and in the cloud supporting Cyber Security Operations. The position is primarily responsible for the implementation of system security, controls, processes, and procedures that monitor for, detect, and respond to cyber security incidents. This position requires hands-on technical work and a strong understanding of information security challenges, domains, concepts, and principles. Other responsibilities include:
• Implement Cyber Security Operations related security systems by specifying tools techniques and equipment, direct installation and configuration of preventive controls, and compile documentation.
• Implement and support continuous improvement for security monitoring and incident response systems including SIEM, EDR, digital forensics, and security response automation.
• Managing relationships with various internal organizations responsible for network and system infrastructure.
• Serves as third-level 24/7 escalation point for engineering, technical problem analysis and resolution related to network and system security.
Performs more complex quantitative and qualitative analysis for business processes and/or projects. Often manages small projects, business processes or parts of larger ones.
Responds, solves, and makes decisions on more complex/non-routine business requests with limited to moderate risk.
Responsible for own work and contributing to team, department and/or business results. May direct work of non-management staff.
Assists more senior associates in achieving business results by:
identifying opportunities to enhance the effectiveness of business processes. providing training and technical guidance to fewer senior staff, where appropriate, and serving as point-of-contact for problem resolution.
participating in setting department operating plans.
recognizing and celebrating team successes.
achieving results against budget within scope of responsibility.
Demonstrates an awareness of personal strengths and areas for improvement and acts independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge.
Performs other duties as appropriate.
Specific Expected Contributions
Provides technical and analytical guidance of technologies that support network and system security at an enterprise level
Develop, implement, and tune security monitoring rules and detections to better detect security incidents
Continuously evolve and improve MVW security monitoring capabilities ensuring complete coverage
Provides analytical and technical leadership in the assessment of new security tools and technologies, recommend security related products for consideration within the MVW Cyber Security Operations environment.
Maintains knowledge of external security principles and assure that existing environment retains compliance with up-to-date security standards and principles
Proactive communications with customers/partners on security engineering and support related issues
Contributes to the overall information security program model including identifying and implementing opportunities for maturity improvement.
Leverage key integration points to assess and develop procedures to maximize efficiency and utilization of new and existing tools and processes
Successful candidates should possess knowledge and experience and demonstrate strong leadership and relationship skills as follows:
Generally, a professional position with specific knowledge in a discipline (e.g., Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology). College degree and/or relevant experience typically required.
Providing subject matter expertise and incident response activities supporting Cyber Security Operations
Subject matter expert on MVW security tools such as, and others that the team supports
Is a security point of contact providing support to the overall Global Information Security program
Work with various IT groups to review and approve new security requests relating to
Participates in MVW s security response committee on issues and efforts related to network and systems security
Education - BA/BS in business or computer science or appropriate work experience is required.
Experience - 6+ years work experience in relevant Information Security position and 4+ years experience in a security engineering role or a similar position or having equivalent skills and experience is highly desired.
Certification - Technical security and/or other security risk management certification is strongly preferred. Some examples include CISSP, CRISC, CISM, CCSP.
• Expertise in the design, implementation, and management of SIEM technologies is required, e.g., Splunk, QRadar, LogRhythm.
• 3+ years experience designing, delivering, and managing information systems logging including (but not limited to) Windows Event Logs, Syslog, Firewall, IPS, and Splunk API integrations.
• 3+ years experience in creating logging standards that align with various compliance and best practice requirements to include (but not limited to) Sarbanes Oxley, PCI, and the MITRE Att&ck framework.
• Successful management and support of technologies for both in-house and 3rd party security systems
• Manage the development and maintenance of security process activities which includes security operational readiness, deployment, and the continued protection of Servers, PCs, Middleware, Database, Unix and other IT systems
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.