Our client is a well-established Tier 1 build operator, specialising in Telecoms, Critical Infrastructure & Energy. Due to a recent contract win our client will look to deliver a full FTTP role out project to 25 million homes nationwide.
As a Commercial Analyst you will be responsible for the administration and monitoring of both the financial and commercial aspects of works.
The key responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to the following tasks:
- Creating reports and analysis to drive timely performance in billing, cost, profit and cash collection.
- Processing, inputting and validation records using various IT system
- Supporting the Commercial Manager/Quantity Surveyor in all financial and commercial aspects of the project.
- Creating reports and analysis that will drive and monitor performance. E.g. Billing to cash, Work In Progress and profitability.
- Being able to explain the analysis produced to Operational teams and peers.
- Supporting management of cash flow, including via accurate cost monitoring, substantiated customer billing and assessment of subcontractor payments.
- Managing of contract variations / DFEs (variations) and ensuring these are recorded and agreed with customers in a timely manner.
- Assisting with processing Customer billing in a timely manner to minimise Work In Progress levels.
- Ensuring revenue is maximised by processing DFE's (variations) and supporting evidence in an agreed timely manner.
- Ensuring targets and objectives set are monitored and maintained and suitably underpin financial targets.
To be successful in this role the Commercial Analyst will:
- Have strong planning, organisation, and monitoring abilities.
- Enjoy a challenge, have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Have a high standard of numeracy.
- Be educated to a G.C.S.E level B+ in Mathematics & English (or equivalent).
- Be computer literate.
- Experience working within a financial or commercial team
- Intermediate level of Excel such as Pivot tables and VLookups
- Experience working with and analysing large data sets
- Knowledge of Power BI would be an advantage
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Have a strong orientation towards quality, safety, and continuous improvement.
- Have the ability to prioritise work, work well under pressure, meet deadlines and manage business expectations.
- Be adaptable and flexible in your approach to work.
- A legal right to work in the UK
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to alex . . com or, alternatively, submit your application via the link below.