South Carolina General Assembly
Legislative Services Agency
CISCO Network and Infrastructure Engineer
The Legislative Services Agency is an arm of the South Carolina General Assembly and legislative branch of the government. The agency provides a variety of technology needs to The Senate, The House of Representatives and The Legislative Council in a non-partisan and apolitical manner.
* Assist in planning, maintaining, and monitoring the Cisco infrastructure, the wireless infrastructure, firewalls, the remote desktop infrastructure, and the virtual environment.
* Configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
* Administer, maintain, and monitor the Office 365 and Active Directory
* Manage and monitor all part of Office 365 including Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, Teams, and One Driver for Business
* Review backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery media or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary. Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
* Perform system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems, and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups as needed.
* Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
* Manage application deployments with Microsoft Endpoint Manager Configuration Manager and Intune.
* Provide Tier II/III/other support per request from various constituencies as needed. Investigate and troubleshoot issues. Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
* Collaborate with network engineers, architects and other team members on the implementation, testing, deployment and integration of network and server systems. Promote and support LSA's mission and vision. Assist with all other special tasks and manage projects as directed by management.
* Perform system monitoring and updates for Linux servers.
Minimum and Additional Requirements
MINIMUM AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
* Knowledge of switching, routing, and firewalls with the ability to troubleshooting network connectivity issues related to networking and TCP/IP.
* Ability to manage Microsoft Active Directory, Group Policy, Microsoft Endpoint Manager Configuration Manager and Intune, Microsoft Office 365 including Microsoft Exchange Online, Microsoft Teams, OneDrive for Business.
* Manage monitor and maintain data backup technologies for disaster recovery.
* Familiarity with virtualization technologies and fault tolerance
* Familiarity with Linux server administration.
Soft Skills Required:
* Ability to think logically and solve problems using collaborative approach
* Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with management, technical staff, vendors, and end users
* Must be a team player who engages in group interaction and inclusion
* Absolutely must be personable, polite, respectful, nice and considerate
* Must be flexible, open-minded, and non-judgmental
* Must be able to work beyond normal working hours without prior notice to include weekends if needed
* Excellent writing skills for technical writing and communications
* Excellent verbal communication skills and professional appearance
* Ability to understand agency needs and set priorities based on unique needs of The Senate, The House of Representatives and The Legislative Council
* Must work absent personal political views and embrace obscurity
* Must be able to lift 40 pounds
* A bachelor's degree in computer science, information management technology or other related information technology field.
* Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
* Microsoft 365 Certified: Enterprise Administrator Expert or Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
* ITIL v3 Certification
* Linux+ CompTIA or other Linux certifications