Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging - where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world - helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
* Person will be responsible to Perform Big Data Administration and Engineering activities on multiple Hadoop, Kafka, Hbase and Spark clusters
* Work on Performance Tuning and Increase Operational efficiency on a continuous basis
* Monitor health of the platforms and Generate Performance Reports and Monitor and provide continuous improvements
* Working closely with development, engineering and operation teams, jointly work on key deliverables ensuring production scalability and stability
* Develop and enhance platform best practices
* Ensure the Hadoop platform can effectively meet performance & SLA requirements
* Responsible for Big Data Production environment which includes Hadoop (HDFS and YARN), Hive, Spark, Livy, SOLR, Oozie, Kafka, Airflow, Nifi, Hbase etc
* Perform optimization, debugging and capacity planning of a Big Data cluster
* Perform security remediation, automation and self heal as per the requirement
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
* 5 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD
* Hands on Experience in production clusters -Hadoop (HDFS and Yarn) , Hive , Spark, Kafka is must.
* Prior Experience of working in Python and Ansible is a plus
* 6 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or 4 or more years of relevant experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or up to 3 years of relevant experience with a PhD
* Minimum 6 years of work experience in maintaining, optimization, issue resolution of Big Data large scale clusters, supporting Business users and Batch process.
* Hands-on Experience No SQL Databases HBASE is plus
* Prior Experience in Linux / Unix OS Services, Administration, Shell, awk scripting is a plus
* Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills, analytical and problem solving skills
* Self-driven, Ability to work independently and as part of a team with proven track record
* Experience on Hortonworks distribution or Open Source preferred
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.