At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's IT Cloud Data Engineering and Analytics teams build and maintain cloud data pipelines in support of factory based analytics programs including IIoT near real time SPC, Predictive/Prescriptive Machine Learning, Closed Loop Control, and Lean Reporting.
TE Connectivity (TE) has an opportunity for an experienced Data Engineering professional with strong technical and leadership skills to join our growing team of analytics experts.
* The successful candidate will be responsible for expanding and optimizing data pipelines in support of Industry 4.0 for manufacturing processes in a leading global electrical component manufacturing company.
* The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects.
* They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company's data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
* This is a rare opportunity to join a high performing organization in a new global role reporting to the Sr. Mgr of IIoT and Artificial Intelligence, as part of the TE Information Systems and Analytics team. This role will be a focal point to develop the supporting infrastructure for use of Data Analytics, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence applications across global manufacturing operations and keeping TE at the forefront of Industry 4.0.
* Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
* Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
* Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
* Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS 'big data' technologies.
* Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
* Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
* Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and Cloud provider regions.
* Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
* Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
What your background should look like:
* 3+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a master's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
* A demonstrated track record of successfully driving and delivering projects.
* Demonstrated problem solving skills in a manufacturing or engineering context.
* Demonstrated leadership skills.
* Exposure to manufacturing and manufacturing technology.
* Experience working with OT/IT systems including PLCs, MES systems, ERP systems, and data analytics tools.
* Excellent commercial and business acumen with deep experience in analyzing current technologies and capabilities on the market.
* Ability to communicate technical ideas, vision and inspire people at every level.
* Excellent project management skills and discipline to deliver on time and on budget projects.
* Excellent and systematic problem-solving skills. Familiarity and use of Lean methods for problem solving.
* Good command of English both written and oral, and can perform complex technical requirements gathering and documentation.
Qualification & Experience:
* Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
* Experience building and optimizing 'big data' data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
* Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
* Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra.
* Experience with AWS cloud services: Kinesis Firehose, Lambda, S3, EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift, and S3
* Experience with Unix/Linux based systems
* Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
* Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
* Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
* A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large, disconnected datasets.
* Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable 'big data' data stores.
* Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
* Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
* Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
* Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $101,100-$157,100 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
Berywn, PA, US, 19312
Travel: Less than 10%
Requisition ID: 89353
Function: Engineering & Technology