What You'll Do
AppDynamics's DevOps engineers are passionate about continuously improving both what we deliver and how we deliver our product to customers. As a Software DevOps Engineer for the Edge Services group, you will:
* Manage, administer and monitor deployments in AWS/Kubernetes to support the Production workloads, scale and services.
* Perform deployment, configuration changes, and integration testing of the workload and services
* Support the services and workloads by participating in down time handling and on-call rotation
* Ability to debug infrastructure/services/workloads and provide failure/root cause analysis
* Develop automation tools to monitor/improve the quality of the service/infrastructure
Who You'll Work With
AppDynamics is the Application Intelligence company. With AppDynamics, enterprises have real-time insights into application performance, user performance and business performance, so they can move faster in an increasingly sophisticated, application driven world. Our integrated suite of products is built on our innovative, enterprise-grade App iQ Platform that enables our customers to make faster decisions that enhance customer engagement and improve operational and business performance.
Who You Are
We are looking for an experienced engineer with a strong understanding of developing and deploying SaaS software at scale. Important requirements include:
* 3+ years experience deploying scalable, distributed applications and services in a Production 24x7 SaaS environment.
* Knowledge of continuous deployment into a modern container based environment with frameworks like Docker, Kubernetes, and Helm.
* Expert knowledge of at least one scripting language, particularly Python, Java, or Ruby
* Experience with an API Gateway product such as Kong.
* Software and product development experience in cloud computing or distributed systems on Linux and UNIX based systems.
* Sound knowledge of data structures, algorithms and other computer science basics.
* Experience with Agile software development methodologies is helpful.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are leaders with vision, tech enthusiasts, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are optimists and we are doers. Recently we have won the #1 employer in the World award.
Cisco Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the U.S., unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.