AI/ML - Software Engineer, Siri and Language Technologies
The Siri and Language Technologies teams are creating groundbreaking technology for algorithmic search, machine learning, natural language processing, and artificial intelligence. The features we create are redefining how hundreds of millions of people use their computers and mobile devices to search and find what they are looking for. Siri's universal search engine powers search features across a variety of Apple products, including Siri, Spotlight, Safari, Messages and Lookup. As part of this group, you will work with one of the most exciting high performance computing environments, with petabytes of data, millions of queries per second, and have an opportunity to imagine and build products that delight our customers every day.
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Go, C/C++, Java or Python.
- Experience with search engine, information retrieval, machine learning, NLP is a plus.
- Experience working with large data sets and pipelines (e.g. MapReduce, Spark) is a plus
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Can write clean and effective code following modern software engineering best practices
- Appetite to dig into data/logs and features to figure out why something does not work as expected
- Design and build infrastructures to support features that empowers billions of Siri-search users- Perform language processing, statistical analysis, and query analysis to support your hypothesis for how to improve product-outcomes.- Leverage proprietary MapReduce platform to process web scale data to deliver product features and improvements.- Design & run/deploy various metrics and evaluations of features/improvements using a variety of tools like grading, logs processing, pre-launch and holdback A/Bs.- Present results of analysis to team and leadership across Apple.
BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field, or equivalent industry experience. Masters/PhD preferred.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.
- At Apple, base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role. The base pay range for this role is between $115,000 and $217,500, and your base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
Apple employees also have the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder through participation in Apple's discretionary employee stock programs. Apple employees are eligible for discretionary restricted stock unit awards, and can purchase Apple stock at a discount if voluntarily participating in Apple's Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You'll also receive benefits including: Comprehensive medical and dental coverage, retirement benefits, a range of discounted products and free services, and for formal education related to advancing your career at Apple, reimbursement for certain educational expenses - including tuition. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Learn more about Apple Benefits.
Note: Apple benefit, compensation and employee stock programs are subject to eligibility requirements and other terms of the applicable plan or program.