What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies - building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the "extra mile" to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Based in our expanding Architecture Group, we are recruiting outstanding engineers with a passion for Machine Learning & AI to lead the definition and specification of Xilinx next-generation architectures. PhD/MSc-qualified engineers, with a strong background in architectures for AI/ML, mathematical modelling and digital signal processing (DSP), will be at the forefront of identifying, specifying and developing new architectures for machine learning and how they will impact Xilinx next-generation products.
You will join a team whose architecture and systems activities cover a wide range of disciplines including machine learning for data center (HPC) and embedded computing (e.g., automotive ADAS) applications; emerging memory technologies; on-chip interconnects; specification, modelling and analysis of modern heterogeneous multicore architectures.
* Define the next generation micro-architecture for AI/ML within Xilinx
* Participate in Performance and functional modeling.
* Micro-architecture Definition and Modelling.
* Technically interact with Xilinx-internal engineering teams and Xilinx customers
BS with 5+ years of exp or MS 3+ years of exp or PhD in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering or related equivalent
* Software engineering experience relevant to modern architecture modeling
* Strong background in modern microarchitectures
* High level understanding of microarchitecture at the system and SoC levels
* Strong C/C++ programming experience and scripting skills
* Strong communication skills, verbal and written
Beneficial would be domain background in one or more of the following areas:
* Good understanding of on-chip interconnect architectures and memory hierarchy in heterogeneous architectures
* Programming modern parallel architectures
* Flexibility, interest in technology and eagerness to learn
AMD is a US federal government contractor and subcontractor and our employees are subject to any and all federal guidelines by Executive Order or OSHA related to COVID-19 vaccination. If selected to be hired, you may be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit proof of vaccination or have an approved exemption as required by law.
Requisition Number: 153617
Country: United States State: California City: San Jose
Job Function: Design
Benefits offered are described