Purpose of Job We are seeking a talented AI/ML Platforms Engineer Senior for our San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX, Phoenix, AZ or Remote locations.
This software engineer will support the AI/ML Platforms team. This team develops, maintains, and supports the platforms used by data scientists and data engineers across the company to deliver AI/ML solutions. The ideal candidate is eager to solve problems, always learning, is well-versed with cloud service offerings (in particular, AWS), and understands infrastructure-as-code tools like Terraform, Puppet, OpenShift, and Docker.
Senior level Software Engineers provide support to the Enterprise through delivering best in class technology solutions. Engaged in all phases of the software systems and application development lifecycle which include gathering and analyzing requirements, designing, testing, documenting, and implementing software, responding to outages.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
About USAA IT
Our most meaningful qualification isn't technical, it's human. Here, we don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 13 million members who rely on us every day.
We're proud of USAA's strong history -- and we're even more passionate about our future. That's why we have a team of supportive and collaborative hardworking technology professionals focused on doing more for our members. And why we're continuing to add innovative problem solvers to our team. With us, you'll find exciting challenges that inspire you to continue learning and growing.
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and procedures for business activities.
- Design, develop, code, and test complex technical solutions across many technologies to tie together existing systems and tools.
- Lead code/design reviews with team to ensure smooth daily operations and accurate planning.
- Develop complex algorithms to solve business needs
- Investigates and resolves complex application and system technical problems and production issues by directing troubleshooting of end-to-end solutions.
- Mentors' engineers, coach engineers on design, development, and maintenance of systems; Review teammates' code
- Influence architecture, quality standards and understand, identify, measure across entire solution
- Identify system performance issues and optimize solution
- Bachelor's Degree or 4 additional years of experience beyond the minimum requirement can be used in lieu of a degree (10 years of experience in lieu of a degree)
- 6 years of software development experience demonstrating depth of technical understanding within a specific discipline(s)/technology(s)
- 4 years of experience delivering technology solutions in all phases of the software systems and application development lifecycle to include leading code/design reviews.
- Demonstrated experience researching technical issues and generating creative/innovative solutions.
- Demonstrated experience addressing production issues by troubleshooting applications and systems.
- Experience articulating technical challenges and solutions
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of security coding practices and secure system fundamentals
- 2 or more years of experience in Python
- Experience with AWS and Terraform
- Experience with Linux
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective method for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this skill is: $106,800 - $192,300
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
USAA Total Rewards
Relocation assistance is Not Available for this position.