Who We Are
(NASDAQ: BAND) is a global communications software company that helps enterprises connect people around the world with cloud-ready voice, messaging and emergency services. Backed by a network reaching 60+ countries covering 90 percent of global GDP, companies like Cisco, Google, Microsoft, RingCentral, Uber and Zoom use Bandwidth's APIs to easily embed communications into software and applications. Bandwidth has more than 20 years in the technology space and was the first Communications Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) provider to offer a robust selection of APIs built around our own global network. Our award-winning support teams help businesses around the world solve complex communications challenges every day.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves.
What We Are Looking For
We are looking for a Software Development Intern
to join the Software Infrastructure Team for Summer 2023. As a member of our Software Infrastructure Team, you'll get to build and expand the "paved road" of how software makes its way from our keyboards to our customers. You'll be responsible for making our Software Developers happy and productive. We're looking for people who get excited about building tools and services to improve the day to day experience of Software Developers.
Not sure if you're 100% qualified? We encourage you to apply and start a conversation! But you should be comfortable writing code, digging around in a terminal, and bouncing complex technical ideas off of teammates.
What You'll Do
- Design, build and maintain Bandwidth's software platform used by our software engineers.
- Empower our teams to build great software, simply and efficiently.
- Develop and maintain first class developer tooling.
- Measurably improve build times and overall developer productivity.
- Play a critical role in making Bandwidth a great place to be a software engineer.
What You Need
- Working towards a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent course of study
- 0-3 years of experience
- A results driven approach
- Experience or familiarity with cloud services such as AWS
- Experience with using Git or GitHub
- Experience with Terraform or Typescript
- Able to work in an environment with independent work and less defined requirements
- Experience building tools or services used by other developers (OSS projects are great)
The Whole Person Promise
At Bandwidth, we're pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our "Whole Person Promise." We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees called Bandwidth Cares
- Fitness: 90-Minute Workout Lunches and unlimited meetings with our very own nutritionist.
- As a member of our intern program, you'll obviously gain some great professional experience. You'll also be part of our intern community, collaborating with other interns from across the company on service projects, fun outings, and training designed to educate you on Bandwidth's business.
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you're 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered 'yes' to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won't want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
Applicant Privacy Notice