Our client has been creating pioneering telephony technology for various industries for almost two decades. The company has grown by increasing output and enhancing sales internally during this period and is eager to speed up this growth by providing cutting-edge and user friendly UCaaS and VoIP / cloud telephony solutions that are diverse and flexible. The company’s objective is to reach the small and medium-sized enterprises and the sector that is handled by the channel partners.
This is a full time role and it requires a Hybrid (Remote + Head Office) working arrangement around London.
Software Development Engineer – VoIP / Cloud Telephony and Contact Centre will join the company`s engineering team.
- Help with development and designing of new products and services in the up-front design and in their critical assessment
- Work with leading 3rd party players in the contact centre environment to upgrade their technology in the company`s platforms (speech analytics, call recording, AI, chat/IM, TTS, reporting & analytics)
- Help support team in resolving issues by troubleshooting on difficult technical matters.
Ideal candidate is extremely flexible, can easily learn new languages and technologies, pick the correct tool for the task, establish the correct balance between programming complexity and being punctual in delivery; and between perfectionism and practicality. You will have the opportunity to deal with every part of the company products.
Everyone helps each other out and cooperates in a friendly and warm manner while working in a very technical atmosphere at the company. The company culture promotes socialising in a close knit setting.
• Assist the company development team elevate their VoIP products – with UCaaS and contact centre technologies
• Develop solutions using next generation cloud and virtualization technologies
• Integrate pioneering 3rd party solutions such as Speech Recognition and AI.
• Assist in managing and bettering the team's development environment while contributing to the maintanance and development of tools and systems used in the team.
• Be up to date with the latest developments and try to motivate the team to move higher.
• Solve customers’ issue by troubleshooting complex technical matters
• Help your colleagues in your team with your background and experiences
• Give out-of-hours second- or third-line help of customers from time to time
Substantial experience in a similar role
A solid degree in a numerate discipline: in Physics, Engineering, Computer Science, Maths, or equivalent work experience
Excellent academic results in technical subjects
Software design knowledge to perfect the user experience.
? Problem solving skills (experience in a small, fast changing start-up company)
? High intelligence – swift understanding of technical details, main problems and expecting issues
? High flexibility and can do attitude – dealing with matters sensibly and realistically
? Consciousness in business – know the affects to the field of engineering matters
? Direct forward and capable – interact in a straight forward way with the goal to achieve results.
? Business minded, motivated, analytical thinker and be able to think outside the box to create positive changes.
• Relational databases - familiarity with common design and optimisation• Knowledge of designing software to optimise the user experience• NoSQL technologies• TypeScript, Full-stack,• Containerisation technologies – Docker, Kubernetes• Understand UCaaS ecosystem (including 3rd party APIs)• Evidence of personal projects – contributions to open source, GitHub account, StackOverflow rating, apps on the App Store/Play Store.• Agile development methodologies• React
Please disregard any references to salary banding on the advert as the candidate will be evaluated on their merit on not necessarily adhere to the salary stated on the job description.