When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world's leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you'll be doing...
The Systems Engineering team provides end-to-end detailed engineering, simulation and analysis of wireless and wireline systems as typically defined by the Industry Forums and Network Planning to assist the Network Engineering teams in the development, deployment and troubleshooting of complex systems.
5G Cloud Architect responsibilites are:
* Gathers, refines and analyzes Simulation and Analysis Framework requirements through working with System Engineering team and other internal GN&T organizations.
* Leads the engineering and integration of the System Engineering Simulation and Analysis Framework through collaboration with internal GN&T organizations and external partners.
* Plans the compute resources necessary to support the simulation and analysis engines.
* Define High-level Framework Architecture and Analyzer Interface Specification
* Create and maintain System Engineering and Integration Best Practices and Processes.
* Installing and administering Kubernetes, OCP, and other cloud software
* Responds to user requests for assistance. Troubleshoots and resolves system issues.
* Monitors and maintains CNFs to run at optimal performance level.
* Installs and configures CNFs and bare metal containers in cloud infrastructure and maintains system configurations.
* Manage end-to-end Platform & Infrastructure requests with minimal direction from Functional Managers; can execute requests with strong attention to detail and strong time-management skills. Partner with the infrastructure team to troubleshoot and resolve network related issues.
* Implement and maintain a systems business impact assessment to prioritize system recovery in the event of a failure.
* Communicate infrastructure issues, resolution plans, and recommend preventive action to leadership/ business team.
* Communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
* Work with third party vendors and consultants on standards, enhancements, and changes through problem resolution.
* Serves as the primary technical point of contact on framework engagements of moderate to high complexity including architecture requiring expert analysis.
* Follow SOPs and administration guidelines for upgrades, backups, patching, performance tuning, and security and administration of the applications.
* Participates in capacity planning to Kubernetes and OCP environments are adequately sized and configured to meet current and projected demand.
* Participates in performance testing to ensure framework meets client application SLA's.
* Coach and mentor more junior level team members.
Where you'll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
* Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or MBA.
* Experience in developing software and / or deploying enterprise applications.
* Experience with LTE, 5GNR, wireless protocols, and wireless standards.
* Experience utilizing system diagnostics to troubleshoot issues and/or predict performance.
* Knowledge of major telecommunication ecosystem partners.
* Knowledge with IMS, RCS, VoLTE, OMA-DM, LWM2M, PON, TCP / IP.
* Knowledge with cloud computing, multi-threading and efficient server loading for complex applications.
* Knowledge with diagnostic and simulation applications/protocols (e.g. Wireshark, Matlab, OPNET, NS-3, etc.).
* Knowledge with relevant 3GPP, ETSI, and GSMA standards.
* Experience or equivalent subject matter expertise across multiple technology areas.
* Knowledge ofLinux, programming languages, Kubernetes, and containerization
* Strong project management skills to execute on roadmap.
* Ability to work on a team and independently on multiple high priority projects.
* Communication and advanced presentation skills.
* Ability to facilitate collaborative resolution of differences with a "win-win" approach.
* Proven organizational and interpersonal skills.
* Relationship-building abilities.
* Ability to drive innovation and technology adoption across organizations.
* Knowledge of software development processes and maintenance best practices including Agile Methodology.
* Ability to adapt daily to changing technical and business environments is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).