Wireless Systems Architect - Microwave, 802.11ax, 3G, 4G, 5G, Phased Array, ASIC, FPGA, Modems
OUTSIDE IR35 CONTRACT
The Wireless Systems Architect will be joining an exciting company in Yorkshire with products already in the market. The Wireless Systems Architect will work closely with the Product Director influencing the functions of a new modem development. The Wireless System Architect will be responsible for specifying, documenting and writing requirements for the modem; and engaging the engineering team to deliver the product through development to manufacture. You will be comfortable working between both the HW and SW of the modem.
The role covers a wide range of areas including (but not limited to!) microwave radio integration, 5G and 802.11xx, beamforming, inter-sector interference mitigation, networking and integration with a network management system. This is a role that requires a strong technical background as a lot of the definition will have to be done within the role.
The successful Wireless Systems Architect will have this knowledge:
- A background and demonstrable experience in complex distributed, embedded systems System requirements capture, documentation and presentation skills
- Knowledge of 3GPP protocol stacks at layers 1, 2 & 3, especially 3G, 4G or 5G
- Knowledge of IEEE 802.11ax, 11ad or 11ac
- DSP, AIOP, FPGA or ASIC modem development
Additional priority will be given to Wireless Systems Architects who also have knowledge in:
- Networking (layer 2 / 3), such as VLAN, Slicing, colouring, etc...... click apply for full job details