Wireless Support Technician
Position Summary: Responsible for the day-to-day support, operation and maintenance of the NU wireless network including, troubleshooting problems; assisting with installation of components, design of building layouts, implementation plans and site surveys; Develop and maintain wireless networking documentation and procedures. Provide assistance and support with projects related to the campus network.
• Associate's Degree in IT related field; equivalency considered
• 2 years working in a medium/large multi-site production networking environment; required
• Proven computer diagnostic skills; required
• Experience with setup, configuration, and operation of Windows & MAC operating systems; required
• General knowledge and experience with Ethernet networking concepts; required
• General knowledge of various 802.11 wireless technologies (802.11N, 802.11ac, Bluetooth, etc.); required
• Excellent communication and organizational skills; required
• Familiarity with computer security issues; preferred
• Experience with AAA servers, Radius and authentication; preferred
• Knowledge of DNS/DHCP functions and structure; preferred
• Experience with site survey software and proper survey technique; preferred
• CWNP wireless certifications - CWS or higher; preferred
Salary: $56,700/year minimum
Please note: Sponsorship will not be offered for this position.