WIRELESS NETWORK ENGINEER
ROCKVILLE, MD - some local travel within Montgomery County - about 15%
C2C or W-2 Salary/Rate is negotiable
ALL RESIDENCY STATUS MAY APPLY
RESUME TO CRISS BRIENT at:
Contractor will be responsible for the configuration, deployment, monitoring, troubleshooting, and analysis of Wireless infrastructure as well as Wide Area Networks (WAN) and Local Area Networks (LAN) to deliver voice, video and data applications to Montgomery County Government and County Agency offices.
- Experience with 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax wireless network standards, wireless security mechanisms, wireless design principles, RF technology, and wireless network control systems, with a primary focus on Aruba. - 7+ years
- Experience with managing and documenting wireless networks, producing heat maps and AP placement documents
- Ability to design and deploy medium to large -scale wireless networks with proven experience to troubleshoot and isolate network issues
- Hands on experience implementing, upgrading/administering, and troubleshooting wireless controllers with an emphasis on Aruba 6000's, 72xx's and all Aruba AP models. - 7+ years
- Hands on experience using and administering Aruba's AirWave NMS Servers and Aruba ClearPass servers.
- Cisco based routing and switching platforms in an Enterprise environment. Contractor should also be well versed in the theory of operation, deployment, and monitoring of network protocols such as VoIP, SNMP, NetFlow, HSRP, Spanning Tree, QoS/CoS, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, NAT/PAT, NTP, RADIUS, DNS, DHCP. - 10+ years
- The use of wireless network planning and survey tools, such as AirMagnet, Ekahau, Site Survey, etc. - 7+ years
- The use of Wireshark (or any packet analyzer) to diagnose network performance problems with an emphasis on Wireless packet analysis and client experience tests. 7+ years
- LAN technologies (GigabitEthernet, PoE, link aggregation, CDP, LLDP, ARP, VLAN's & trunking) - 10+ years
- Experience in creating network staff training materials, network diagrams (Microsoft Visio), and general documentation 5+ years
- Certified in ACMA, ACMP, ACCP, CCNA Wireless, CWNA or any CWNP certifications (one or more certifications would be ideal)
- Contractor will work side-by-side with County staff to design, deploy, monitor, and maintain WAN/LAN/Wireless infrastructure.
- Contractor will report directly to Manager of Network Services.
- Contractor may work under the direction of Network Services staff as assigned
ALTA IT Services, LLC. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other factor.
- provided by Dice