USSOCOM's mission is to "Provide fully capable Special Operations Forces (SOF) to defend the United States and its interests and synchronize planning for global operations against terrorist networks." As a member of our team, you will partner with SOF military and civilian members to directly support this mission by providing world-class Information Technology services and support that connect over 60,000 users around the world. Job Description
The Wireless Network Engineer performs tier three wireless network support in accordance with the SIE OPORD. Candidates for the position of Wireless Network Engineer require strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and must be knowledgeable about both wired and wireless network technology. An in-depth background in wireless equipment, standards, protocols, and security standards, as well as wireless local area network (WLAN) design is necessary. Candidates must also be effective communicators with excellent written, verbal communications, and presentation skills in order to collaborate successfully with network technicians, vendors, and managers. Candidates should also demonstrate leadership skills and excellent customer interaction skills.Qualifications Typical Duties
Qualifications: Required Education:
- Performing systems engineering, design, analysis, and experimentation of wireless networks
- Evaluating the performance of Media Access Control (MAC) and higher layers of various types of wireless networks.
- Researching, designing and implementing wireless networks, including the definition of applicable engineering specifications and resource requirements for network hardware and software
- Making recommendations for wireless network optimization, additions and upgrades to meet the Government's requirements
- Conducting and documenting radio frequency (RF) coverage and site surveys
- Documenting network infrastructure and design
None Required Experience: Years:
LAN/WAN engineering and design work Years :
Specializing in wireless technologies such as WiFi and WiMAX Required Certification:
Employment is contingent upon obtaining and/or maintaining required certifications
- CCNP Wireless
- DOD 8570 IAT Level II or higher
None Work Environment
- Work will be performed inside a large facility. An inside environment may be a cubicle (considerations: close quarters, low to moderate noise, bright or dim lighting). Work assignments vary based on client requirements. Position may require night and weekend work.
Equipment and Machines
- Sitting at desk. Phone use and PC or laptop. Filing required. May require lifting and carrying boxes of supplies or files up to 25 lbs. Extended periods of sitting while on PC/laptop or phone.
- General office equipment, which includes: telephone, fax machine, copier, PC/laptop, and other miscellaneous office equipment. Servers, switches, routers and other computer equipment that supports the network environment.
- Work assignments dependent on requirements by the client. It is important to be able to work at least 8 hours a day for 5 days per week (Monday through Friday).
- On-Call or after hours support may be required
- You may be asked to continue performance during inclement weather or other conditions when others are not permitted to work
- You may be asked to continue performance in support of a war, contingency or exercises
Other Essential Functions
- Continental and Oversees travel may be required. It is important to maintain a current passport.
- Employment is contingent upon obtaining all required certifications within the timeframe specified in a waiver by the government (if applicable) and maintaining required certifications through the duration of the contract. Failure to obtain/maintain required certifications will result in disqualification for this position and could result in termination.
- Candidate must exhibit a professional behavior that promotes teamwork, fosters cooperation, and enhances productivity in the workplace. Must be well organized with the ability to coordinate, prioritize and execute multiple tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to work effectively with a variety of government, military and contractor personnel at all levels. Must be able to interface effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization. Grooming and dress usually business casual, but dependent on client's standards. Must not pose a safety hazard to employees working in the same general area.
- The position for which you are applying for requires a US government security clearance. This is to advise you, that should you be extended an offer, if you possess a dual citizenship (i.e., citizen of the US and another country), in order to be granted a clearance you will be required to relinquish your citizenship in the foreign country.
#ANSdefense #MOIP #SITECII
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language .