Travel Required: Less than 10% Public Trust: None Requisition Type: Regular
This position functions as a hands-on wireless security engineer for a continuous monitoring program, with specific focus on Wireless Intrusion Detection Systems (WIDS). This position is responsible for the monitoring of the Enterprise WIDS, and the response to wireless intrusion/violation incidents detected by the WIDS. This position engages in hands-on operation of the various mobile/portable products in response to unauthorized wireless device detections.
Typical activities performed by this position may include:
- Monitor and analyze WIDS data to identify wireless security violations requiring response/remediation.
- Conduct wireless incident investigations/response tasks to locate and resolve the wireless security violation.
- Coordinate/Interface with other government entities/personnel to resolve wireless incidents.
- Prepare incident tickets and reports regarding the wireless intrusion attempts and/or compromises through review and analysis of relevant event detail and summary information.
- Conduct wireless security assessments utilizing mobile/portable wireless device detection tools.
- Maintains current working knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Must be capable of carrying a 15 lb. daypack for periods of 2-8 hours over multiple days.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.