Alexander Mann Solutions (AMS) is the world's leading provider of Talent Acquisition and Management Services. We deliver award-winning solutions to over 65 outsourcing clients and consulting services to hundreds more. Our Contingent Workforce Solutions (CWS) service acts as an extension of our clients' recruitment team and provides professional interim and temporary resources.
Our client is a British Manufacturing company with a global presence. Being in the top 5 defence organisations in the UK, it is engaged in the development, delivery and support of aerospace and defence systems in the air, on land and at sea.
On behalf of this organisation, AMS are looking for a Wireless Communications Engineer for a 12 month contract based in Stevenage.
Purpose of the Role:
You'll be working on the development and architecture for the next generation of Wireless Solutions, working with the latest technology and utilising your 3GPP/4G/5G engineering skills.
As a Wireless Communications Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Writing requirements documents, specifications and other documents for the solution provided
- Development of test cases and automation environment for Wireless 5G, LTE products
- Developing, debugging and maintaining code and test cases for new solutions/products of the Department
- Work to project plans and produce deliverables within the required time schedule
- Ensure software and hardware is well structured, tested, maintainable and accessible using our source control system
- Working with very tight delivery timescales
What we require from the candidate:
- Proficiency in Wireless Mobile Communication Technologies.
- Good Knowledge of 3GPP technologies, such as 5G, LTE, LTE Advanced, HSPA+ and WCDMA
- Good knowledge's of 3GPP LTE/LTA-A Application, RRC/NAS and Physical Layers
- Understanding of Evolved packet Core (EPC), IMS
If you are interested in applying for this position and meet the criteria outlined above, please click the link to apply and we will contact you with an update in due course...... click apply for full job details