telent, Infrastructure Systems Engineer
Wellingborough/Denington Rd, Permanent
Every time you pick up the phone, surf the Internet, travel on a motorway, catch a train, bus or tube, or even dial 999; chances are telent have enabled the technology to make this happen.
With current annual revenues in excess of £400M and 2,400 employees. We operate within various industry sectors including Rail, Traffic, Public Safety, Defence, Service Providers, Enterprise and Public Sector.
We design, deliver and support solutions and services which enable organisations to create, improve and maintain their ICT and communication and networks.
Highways England have awarded telent the contract for the operation and management of NRTS2 (National Roads Telecommunication Services), NRTS is the network of communication and control that Highways England uses to monitor and manage England's motorways and major trunk roads, it is a critical component of national infrastructure supporting the country's 4,400 mile strategic road network.
The contract includes a major technology transformation programme in addition to general maintenance and management of the network; The transformation programme comprises of 11 technology projects, including the introduction of new wireless and IP CCTV services, new management systems and the next-generation upgrade of all technology, this will ultimately enable Highways England to prepare for the future and enable safer roads, more efficient delivery and a better road user experience.
Working for a leading Technology and Network Services integration company we are looking for candidates for an exciting new project involving major refreshes of network and infrastructure systems.
This project is looking for Infrastructure Systems Engineers who will be working in an architectural team responsible for delivering the Infrastructure systems needed for a transformation of a major IT environment.
This role is focused on the data centre, security, monitoring tools and supporting infrastructure technologies. Knowledge of networking would also be beneficial.
This role is for a candidate with 2-3 years' experience in an IT industry or post graduate with a relevant qualification in Engineering, IT or Information/Cyber Security, who is looking to develop their career.
The Infrastructure Systems Engineer will be responsible for developing the infrastructure systems for the project. As part of the infrastructure team, the candidate will develop the solution, build, test and document the infrastructure ready for deployment.
These systems could include
McAfee Endpoint Security Suite
* Windows Servers
* Linux Servers
* Windows Domain
* Windows Storage
* Server Hardware (Rack and Blade Servers, Storage, Backup Storage)
* End Point Security Systems (McAfee)
* Proxies (Forward and Reverse)
* Security Hardening and Monitoring tools
* Monitoring Tools (Solarwinds, Vendor Element Managers)
* To work in a team to develop the projects infrastructure soltiuon
* Develop technical specifications, system architecture documentation (High Level and Low Level) and other relevant documentation as required.
* Maintain the systems security posture to the project requirements and advise and implement change as needed,
* Run and develop the unit, system and integration testing
* Providing support on applications, reports and interfaces
* Monitor performance and efficiency of applications and instigate modifications and improvements where necessary
* Work with the end users on how to operate the applications
* Identify and manage the updates of all products under the architect's responsibility
* Resolve technical queries
* Test new applications and upgrades
* Create and maintain the system documentation
* Worked on an IT infrastructure for 2-3 years or have relevant skills in this area.
* A computing or technical degree, or equivalent experience
* Excellent communication skills for completing documentation and communicate effectively.
* Broad knowledge of IT infrastructure and application platforms and operating systems.
* Knowledge and use of Coding and Scripting technologies within an Infrastructure Environment.
5 GCSE A-C's in relevant subjets
2-3 A Level's in relevant subjects
A degree in relevant subjects or 2-3 years practical experiance up to a high level.
* Team working to consolidate knowledge, requirements and solutions to deliver the best team result.
* Analytical and creative ability to develop logical and innovative solutions to complex problems.
* Self-motivated and results orientated to see complex problems through to a solution.
* Able to relate to end users, business managers, developers, and other team members.
* Ability to adapt to new circumstances, work under time pressure, learn quickly and capture requirements rapidly
* Maintain a flexible attitude to the tasks assigned.
Excellent Employee benefits:
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages...... click apply for full job details