Technicolor, a worldwide technology leader in the media and entertainment sector, is at the forefront of digital innovation. Our world class research and innovation laboratories enable us to lead the market in delivering advanced video services to content creators and distributors. We also benefit from an extensive intellectual property portfolio focused on imaging technologies. Our commitment: supporting the delivery of exciting new experiences for consumers in theatres, homes and on-the-go.
As a Wireless and RF System Engineer on our team, you will join a dynamic team responsible for qualifying the wireless features and software for the product lines. The successful candidate will drive to ensure the stability and reliability of our WIFI/BT/and IoT chipsets and products. The designation of this role will be based on experience and expertise.
* Excellent communication skills, ability to lead the projects and present them to upper level management.
* Create test lab or customer environment for trouble shooting any issues that may occur in a lab or customer home.
* Understands the data/ results and can interpret the data - communicate them well.
* Able to parse raw Wi-Fi traffic data during troubleshooting and validation efforts
* Strong knowledge on RF propagation fundamentals, including MU-MIMO, Link budget, SISO, MIMO, MCS index and general RF characteristics.
* Triage and trouble-shooting Wi-Fi enabled Gateways connected to Wi-Fi functionality and Performance
* New Wi-Fi features validations
* Perform Wi-Fi quality assurance testing and triage for devices including phones, tablets, and Smart Tv's. Triage and trouble-shooting Wi-Fi enabled Gateways connected to smart home devices
* Product testing and defect validation
* Understanding of 802.11ac standards and specs
* IoT testing (Zigbee, Bluetooth, Thread, etc.)
* Inter-Op testing (CE, CPE, etc.)
* Rate vs orientation, Rate vs. Range, etc.
* Traffic Generators(iGen, Ixia Chariot, iPerf, etc.)
* Enhanced Wi-Fi feature testing
* In accordance with Technicolor Information Protection Policy, ensure that valued information of both Technicolor and its third parties such as customers, vendors, subcontractors and partners is protected.
Please note this Job Profile is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education & Experience
* Bachelor's Degree in computer science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience
* Must have a minimum of 6-years work experience in Wi-Fi Planning, Design, and analysis. Familiar with 802.11 standards and Wi-Fi alliance developments.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
* Preferable to have automation experience in any of the scripting or programing languages Coding skills in C/C++ or scripting skills in python/shell
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies with all Federal, State and Local law prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state or local law.