Tell us about your department:
The Retail department is responsible for developing our flagship mobile app. Referred to as the Buy app internally we build out the overall Best Buy shopping experience for our millions of mobile app users. The app team consist of PM, Developers and QA all working towards the same goal of delivering a quality customer experience.
The project is a retail based app.
Position Summary/Job Description:
• Coordinate OTA releases to ensure that the integrity of the live environment is protected and that the correct components are released.
• Design release processes from build, through test and defect fixing, to the release of new or changed software in to Production with the guidance of the Release Manager.
• Monitor the efficiency and effectiveness of the OTA Release management process across the organization and make recommendations for improvement.
• Maintain quality checks on OTA deployments and releases and record those that directly or indirectly cause support Incidents.
• Failure to successfully manage releases or delays to releases, can impact clients from both a revenue and reputational perspective.
• Coordinate builds and testing of releases
• Coordinate the scheduling and roll out of releases
• Provide communication and information, including relevant release documentation, as required.
• Ensure appropriate checkpoints are met and coordinate release sign off.
• Coordinate the implementation of the release
Design release processes
• Design new release processes with the guidance of the Release Manager.
• Work with stakeholders and clients to ensure the release process is appropriately documented, communicated and understood.
• Understand underlying procedures and document as appropriate
Monitor efficiency and effectiveness
• Provide management information on releases to stakeholders or senior management as required.
• Carry out regular reviews of the release processes with stakeholders.
• Identify and recommend service improvements
Ensure all squads follow release management process & maintain quality checks
• Assist the release manager in completing regular audits of the release process
• Analyze Incident logs caused by releases to identify occasions where process has not been followed.
• Based on analysis of Incidents recommend improvements
• Highlight any repeated non-conformance to relevant team leaders and the release manager where appropriateJob Requirements:
What are the top five skills and number of years of experience required to perform this job?
• Experience monitoring & manipulating network traffic using development tools
• Exposure to testing Web applications, Mobile applications (iOS and Android) and rich media within web applications (audio, video, responsive design validation), end-to-end/API testing
• Able to estimate, plan and execute testing cycles
• Project coordination experience
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or least 3 applicable years of experience.
• Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and testing techniques
• Able to adapt to changes in product development as well as flexibility to work outside of normal business hours to meet testing needs.
What are some preferred/nice to have skills the manager is looking for?
• Prior defect trending and triage experience
• Familiarity with Agile methodologies
• Self-motivated, able to work independently and thrive in a fast-paced, high-stress and high-productivity environment
• Able to manage conflicting priorities effectively, including task prioritization and multitasking to manage daily workload
• Attention to detail, thoroughness, tenacity and strong organizational skills
• Knowledgeable about trends for new browser versions, mobile devices and/or other digital applications
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to interact with technical, business, editorial and customer service groups
• underlying causes of technical problems
• Familiarity with automated QA testing tools is a plus