Applied Systems, Inc., a worldwide leader in insurance technology, is currently searching for a talented Web Developer - Mobile to join our Mobile Development team. We leverage Agile Scrum methodologies to deliver software applications that revolutionize the global business of insurance. New developers on our team learn our development tools, standards, and processes through a structured training program. Upon completion, you will join an Agile Scrum team responsible for designing and implementing innovative architecture solutions. The solutions you develop will have the potential to have a broad impact on our company, our products, and the industry as a whole.
* Ensures software meets quality standards and metrics through automation and other techniques
* Provides prototypes, guidance, and other artifacts on appropriate component usage
* Participates in platform and product code refactoring efforts
* Being accountable to your Agile Scrum Team members and the organization to deliver high quality technical solutions to provide business value
* Journey with your team on continual improvement through iterative software development cycles
* Develop advanced coding techniques that improve the quality of software written
* Collaborate with team members to self-manage business value based solutions from concept to market
* Participate in Sprint planning
* Solicit customer feedback and improvements through participation in Sprint Reviews
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS JOB
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or CIS, or equivalent work experience
* 5 years of relevant programming experience
* Required code/technology experience:
* Multi-device tooling such as Xamarin or React Native
* Multi-browser targeting
* MVC or MVVM patterns
* REST API
* Genuine passion for programming
* Ability to work with others in a team-oriented environment
* Experience or training with Agile Scrum methodology is a plus
* Knowledge with any of the following desirable:
* DNX(.Net Core/ASP.NET 5)
* Bootstrap, Angular
WHO WE ARE
* LEADING GLOBAL PROVIDER OF CLOUD-BASED INSURANCE SOFTWARE- Applied Systems develops the top two Insurance Agency/Broker Management software products in the world. In addition, we also provide innovative mobile apps, Data Analytics, Customer Self-Service, Insurer Connectivity & Rating, eServicing, Benefits Design, and CRM software products. By automating the insurance lifecycle, Applied's people and products enable millions of people around the world to safeguard and protect what matters most.
* CLOUD SOLUTIONS & PROFESSIONAL SERVICES- We offer cloud solutions, 24x7 technical support, consulting, implementation, and education services.
* AWARD WINNING TECHNOLOGY- We have been voted
* 2020 Company of the Year (Stevie Award)
* 2020 New Product or Service of the Year- 2 awards (Stevie Award)
* 2019 Best Cloud-Based Software Solutions Provider in the insurance industry (2019 Corporate Excellence Awards)
* 2019 Digital Service Provider of the Year (Business Excellence Awards)
* 2019 Best Broker Software Management House (Insurance Times)
* GOOGLE'S INVESTMENT IN APPLIED- Google/CapitalG made a minority investment in Applied that will spur AI, machine learning, and digital marketing innovation in the global insurance industry.
* CLIENTS- We provide technology to over 160k users within insurance agencies, brokerages, and carriers throughout the US, Canada, the UK, and Ireland.
* EMPLOYEES- Applied currently has 1,800+ employees across the US, Canada, the UK, and Ireland.
COMPANY CULTURE & PERKS
* JOIN A GREAT TEAM- We believe that success comes from a dynamic working environment that offers professionals an opportunity to grow and succeed alongside extraordinary people. We encourage idea sharing, problem solving, and teamwork in our environment.
* DIVERSITY MATTERS- We strive to create a positive workplace culture for those of different thinking, backgrounds, experiences, expertise, and individual qualities across our organization. We want the best and the brightest to be a part of a growing culture that embraces a sense of belonging.
* RELAXED DRESS CODE- Applied allows for a relaxed dress code where jeans are permitted; we call this "Dress for your Day".
* FUN PARTIES & PERKS- Fun perks are a staple at Applied, including holiday parties with games and contests, summer celebrations employee appreciation events, art contests, employee discount programs, and more!
* OPPORTUNITIES FOR ADVANCEMENT- We are a growing company that offers career opportunities, and not just "another job". Applied believes in growing our employees and promoting from within, offering many opportunities for professional advancement along the way!
* CAREER STABILITY & LONGEVITY- Our average employee tenure is 9 years.
* CULTURE OF RECOGNITION- Applied provides a culture of employee recognition with our Circle of Excellence program, and our internal social network recognition program.
* APPLIED CARES- We have a culture that embraces and promotes volunteerism. Applied encourages our employees to help local charities and communities through the 'Applied Cares' program
BENEFITS & REWARDS
* BENEFITS FROM DAY ONE- Applied offers Medical, Rx, Dental, Vision, Virtual Doctors' Appointments, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, Critical Illness, Group Accident, and Wellness Incentives to ensure employees are covered from day one.
* FINANCIAL PEACE OF MIND- In addition to wellness benefits, Applied offers traditional and Roth 401k options, with employer match. Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Short and Long Term Disability, and Business Travel Accident insurance are also offered.
* WORKLIFE BALANCE- There is more to life than work: that is why Applied offers benefits to help balance your work and home life. We offer competitive paid vacation time, personal/sick time, paid holidays, summer hours, paid parental leave, volunteer time off, and a free day off for your birthday!
TO LEARN MORE
* Please visit AppliedSystems.com
Applied Systems is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Diversity and Inclusion is a business imperative and is a part of building our brand and reputation. At Applied, we are committed to recruit, develop, retain, and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.