Calling all Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Engineer (TS/SCI)
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Mordy Ornguze
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $135,000 - $150,000 per yearA bit about us:
***Active TS/SCI security clearance required**
Our customer is an Intelligence Agency (IA) providing the United States Military and Government Agencies with intelligence on foreign militaries to help prevent and win wars. The contract under which we are supporting this customer provides worldwide coverage of IT requirements and technical support services through system design, development, fielding, and sustainment of global intelligence and Command and Control (C2) assets vital to the security of the United States.
The particular program we are working under provides the Engineering Division of this agency's CIO's office with overall system design, architecture, engineering, testing plan, security accreditation and implementation documentation for core IT and Infrastructure Services. The work includes a wide array of infrastructure engineering, monitoring, management and securityWhy join us?
- Competitive Base Salary!
- Extremely Competitive Equity Package!
- Flexible Work Schedules!
- Accelerated Career Growth!
Seeking motivated technical professionals who specialize in a Citrix/VDI Engineer with a minimum of 5 to 7 years of directly
related experience in design, implementing, supporting and managing Citrix VDI environments utilizing XenApp, XenDesktop,
and NetScaler enterprise products. This individual will join our VDI team and provide incident, change, and problem
management support for both customers and external stakeholder IT environment. This position requires a strong working
knowledge of IT virtualization technologies (Citrix/VMware) and exceptional customer service skills. Tasks will include but are
not limited to:
- Hands on experience of deploying and managing Windows Server 2012, 2012 R2, 2016, and 2019. Group Policy and
- Active Directory forest and domain management, administration, and troubleshooting to include AD site & services,
DNS, replication, AD Domain upgrades, AD FS
- Support and troubleshoot Network traffic related issues.
- Troubleshoot XenApp, XenDesktop services
- Troubleshoot Citrix XenApp hosted application and Windows errors at the Server level.
- Administer XenApp servers. Publishing applications, troubleshooting user connection issues, maintaining and
updating existing applications.
- Perform regular reviews, strategic assessments, health checks, security updates, and diagnosis of customer
- Troubleshoot, update, and administer NetScaler ADC and VPX
- Utilize VMware vSphere client and vCenter to proactively identify and resolve potential issues in a Virtualized
Windows Server environment
- Troubleshoot and Administer Horizon VDI environment (v 5, 6, 7)
- Horizon View 7.x - Virtual desktop infrastructure, cloud computing, vRealize Automation, vRealize Operations
Manager, vRealize Orchestrator, vCloud Air
- Multi-tasking and organizational skills. Ability to prioritize simultaneous high visibility customer escalations
- Ability to document processes and assist in creating standardized procedures.
- Communicate clearly and professionally with internal team and customer IT contacts
Organizational skills and ability run projects from beginning to end Actively participate in technical meetings to
- suggest new ways to provide storage with backup options, encryption, secured access, and better efficiency
- Work with different stakeholders to explain requirements and suggest the appropriate Virtual Desktop solutions
- Develop and train designated staff with "Over the Shoulder" by an implementation engineer.
- Provide all documentations related to VDI architecture and management
Candidates must have strong written and verbal communication skills, the ability to meet deadlines, and have the interpersonal skills to operate effectively in a fast-moving team. They must have the necessary skills and experience to perform the following tasks.
Desired Core Skills:
- In-depth knowledge of Citrix, VMware VDI solution
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving, and the ability to, and the ability to debug complex-cross systems
problems, and document root cause including remediation and detection
- Knowledge of risk and controls landscape, ensuring company-wide standards are met
- Participate in change and incident management
- 5+ years of IT experience including IT services and support
- 3-5+ years of Windows Server administration
- 5+ years of Citrix / VMware / Microsoft virtualization experience is a must
- Knowledge of network architectures and data communication protocols including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP
- Basic knowledge of Firewall, VPN configuration, and switching
- Industry Relevant Certification (MCITP, MCP, CCA) or ability to achieve one within 90 days
- Certifications - CCP-N, CCE-N, VCP 5 or late.
- Executes within a customer-centric environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button. - provided by Dice