Capital Outsourcing Group's client has been in partnership with Virgin Media since 2001, providing engineering support to connect customers to the network.
Their continuous growth and ambition aids them to be industry leaders, who are looking for talented, professional and customer focused people to join their team.
About the Role:
This role will be physically demanding, so be prepared to face all seasons and conditions. A great opportunity to start a potentially long career within the Telecommunications industry with no needed prior experience within Telecommunications but however experience in outdoor labouring positions would be a significant advantage, it is worth mentioning that it is imperative that you hold a Full UK Driving Licence.
Working as part of a two-person team to install, repair and test Hybrid Fibre-Coaxial (HFC) and Fibre to the Premises (FTTP) from the distribution point to Virgin Media's customer properties, in accordance with our clients and Virgin Media's Standard Operating Procedures. This role would be well suited to someone who has come from an outdoor labourer form of background.
* You will be responsible for carrying out all pre pulling/blowing tasks as directed by your Manager and/or the daily work through your mobile device, ensuring full compliance with NRSWA Regulations and Health & Safety requirements.
* You will also be required to ensure that all work is completed to a high standard and within a timely and professional manner, while maintaining professional relationships both internally and externally at all times.
* You must ensure that all necessary documentation, including timesheets is completed and submitted within the time limits set out
* Carry out any other reasonable activities, tasks or duties as may be required to meet the ongoing or changing needs of the business
* Maintain all company issue Uniform/PPE, Vehicle and Equipment ensuring all remain in good condition, so to ensure efficient working practices are adhered to, while promoting the Company Brand
* Ensure that the entire route of the duct is checked, even after encountering a blockage or other such instances where the works cannot be completed on the day
* Ensure correct usage of the OFSC system to maximise productivity and closure of work orders associated with the work stream
Applicants with the following skills would be of a benefit:
* Proven experience within a similar role, in particular within the Telecommunications industry
* Excellent communication skills
* Strong customer service focus
* Be motivated and be able to work independently as well be a team player.
* Be comfortable and willing to work at heights when required.
* Be comfortable and willing to work underground when required
To be considered, you will need to have:
* Full UK Driving Licence (Essential)
* Flexibility with working hours (Essential)
* Working at Heights (Desirable)
* Experience in minor excavations and reinstatements, including reinstatement of both sealed and modular surfaces (Desirable)
What's on offer for the successful candidate:
* Competitive earning potential
* Full tooling, PPE & Uniform
* Fully expensed and maintained company vehicle
* Excellent career progression opportunities
If you believe that you are the right fit, have the skills and expertise to add to the existing team and are looking to join a Company where progression is a core value, please contact the Capital Outsourcing Group on (phone number removed) between 8.30am-5pm.
Alternatively, please click "Apply"
Please note, if you do not hear from us following your application after 5 working days, please assume you are unsuccessful