A well established and vibrant Telecoms Specialist is seeking a Telecoms Technical Support Engineer.
Their HQ is based just outside of Milton Keynes, however they have 5 other offices based in Kent, Essex and further up North.
For this Telecoms Technical Support Engineer role, it is not important where you are currently located in the country, as my client is happy for the candidate to work remotely and they have clients based all over the country.
The Telecoms Technical Support Engineer will have the option of remote working for the majority of the role, with some field work also involved.
Over the past 12 months, my client has started working with large Vendor Partners who consider them as experts in the delivery of Hosted Solutions. That is why they are now inviting enthusiastic and professional Telecoms Technical Support Engineer's to join their team!
My client's product portfolio includes lines, broadband, the latest voice & data products and cloud-based technologies.
Duties to include but not restricted to:
* Handling first line support tickets from receipt to resolution across their VoIP product range
* Managing escalations to 2nd and 3rd line support for the above, by Liaising with Customer Service Teams and Carriers to resolve customer faults
* Installing and configuring telecoms hardware, operating systems, and applications
* Monitoring and maintaining Telephone systems and networks
* Talking staff & clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the telephone, to help set up systems or resolve issues
* Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
* Following diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system
* Supporting the roll-out of new applications
* Setting up new users' accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues
* Working continuously on a task until completion
* Prioritising and managing several open cases at any given time
* Travelling across the UK for site visits including site surveys, installation, training, and support on all technical products
* Liaising directly with the Provisioning & Operations to organise projects
* Experience with Gamma Horizon platform would be an advantage but is not essential as full training would be given
* Experience in telecommunications is essential
* Excellent listening and questioning skills combined with the ability to interact confidently with clients to establish what the problem is and explain the solution
* The ability to work well in a team and independently
* The ability to prioritise your workload
* Attention to detail
* Pleasant telephone manner
* Salary: £25,000 to £30,000 dependent on experience
* Holiday 20 days plus bank holidays
* Flexible Working/Working from home
* Company vehicle provided