Telecoms Field Based Coordinator, North Yorkshire (Permanent)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Field Based Coordinator. We would love to hear from you if you have civils and fibre network experience within a telecom's environment.
You'll be working in a part of telent that is dedicated to transforming the way support is delivered nationwide to Openreach and other external networks, including Gigaclear. We aim to be the UK's leading network installation business, harnessing and enhancing the skills of our people to deliver high-quality cost-effective services.
You'll receive formal training. - and on-the-job training where appropriate - to ensure you're up-skilled as technology develops along with E-learning schemes to help or refresh skills on-line
You'll be treated as an individual. We're not a vast corporation, which means every individual counts. With us, you'll be valued and supported, involved and empowered from day one.
In these extraordinary times of the coronavirus outbreak telent is continuing to Recruit. We provide services to customers which are integral to providing mission critical systems and infrastructure across the UK and Ireland and we need to continue to deliver those services.
To help limit the amount of face to face contact during the recruitment process, we will now do more online assessments and use Skype/Conf Calls for interviews wherever possible.
Reporting to and directed by the PM2 you will support gangs employed by telent's suppliers locally
to ensure all safety, compliance and quality standards are met through a defined audit and
inspection regime set out by the TIS business.
- Highways Authorities Relationships - work with suppliers and Highways Authorities locally to develop an effective working relationship through ensuring consistent high levels of Streetworks compliance and reinstatement quality.
- Inspection Regime - complete in-progress, gate and retro checks in line with business requirements. Recording all results and undertaking remedial actions with the supplier's gangs. Ensure that no further improvement notices are issued by local Highways Authorities as a result of telent's performance.
- Field Manager - monitor gang whereabouts and effectively manage your site visits using the Field Manager system.
- Environmental Compliance - ensure that all activities undertaken in the field and at suppliers' depots are fully compliant with environmental legislation.
- Supplier Competence - undertake assessments of supplier's operatives.
- On-boarding - support the supplier partner and Operations Compliance Manager with on-boarding of new Operatives.
Business Operations Skills - Experience:
- 2 - 5 years' experience of supervising civils or cable gangs working in the highways network or having held a position of 'site supervisor' or similar in the construction or telecoms industry.
Business Operations Skills - Qualifications:
- NRSWA Unit 2 & 10
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Use of Solo, Qlikview, ConnecT etc.
Excellent employee benefits:
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
- An employee-funded car leasing scheme
- Occupational health support
- Telent Rewards Scheme
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion...... click apply for full job details