Telecoms Engineer (Cloud, Linux Virtualisation)
Competitive Salary DOE
Telecoms Engineer required to join a niche successful telecoms software house based in Camberley. You will be working with 3rd party 2g/3g/4g/5g radio, Linux systems with KVM virtualisation, Docker containers, MariaDB databases, IP networking and some other 3rd party software elements.
To be honest if you are a upcoming engineer with passion for technology, Linux, virtualisation and contanerisation then this company are the company to give you the chance to learn a wealth of new technologies which will put you in good stead for the rest of your career, if you are brave enough to give it go!!
They are innovators in their field and are looking to expand due to positive company growth, we have secured new team members in the telecoms support team plus the Software Engineering and Systems teams but they are still growing and want you to be the next recruit! I have never worked with a team of people who are so passionate about what they do, their field and products. They are dynamic and forward thinking and have the ability to think outside of the box!
- Good Linux experience - installation / administration / customisation into include standard linux cluster technologies, containers and virtualisation
- Practical experience in at least two of the following technical areas - experience can include troubleshooting, configuration, deployment or design
o Mobile air interface signalling (GSM / UMTS / LTE / 5G)
o Mobile core network signalling (GSM/UMTS - e.g. MAP / TCAP/ DTAP / M3UA / SCCP / SCTP)
o VoIP / SIP /VoLTE
o RHEL Linux administration experence
o IP networking skills - including any or all of - routing, VPN, IPSec etc
o Cisco or other IP Networking configuration experience
- Scripting skills (bash, perl or python etc)
- Planning and delviery of technical training programme
- As our products become more cloud native skills in technologies such as OpenShift, Amazon AWS, Kubernetes etc are desired
- Minimum 5 years' experience of deploying and / or supporting mobile telecommunication systems
- Minimum 5 years' experience of Linux
- Previous examples of technical training or delivery of workshops to customers
If you do not have all of the relevant experience outlined above don't panic, if you feel you have enough to be considered then send me your CV and let them be the judge! There are many ways they can accommodate people into their team.
If you would like to set your self a challenge then send your CV now