NextGen has a great opportunity for Tower Technicians in various locations in the US. Currently hiring FULL TIME PERM Tower Tech II, III and IV's in Mobile, AL, Charlotte, NC, Hartford, CT and Seattle, WA.
MUST Have tower climbing, rigging experience handling antenna installs, moves and changes as well as prior microwave experience. PIM sweep testing is a plus.
Certifications in the following are preferred: RF Awareness, CPR, First Aid, Comtrain, OSHA 10/30
Background, Driving and Drug Screenings will be conducted on all applicants. VALID driver's license is REQUIRED!
HIGHLY preference to local candidates! Job Requirements:
Climbs and works on communications towers for the purpose of installing, replacing, and repairing antenna systems equipment. Does not require close supervision.
• The basic use and care of hand tools and mechanical equipment.
• Completes required daily Job Safety Analysis' (JSA's).
• Knows the hazards associated with tower climbing, construction equipment, and working on or near energized lines and equipment.
• The ability to climb tall structures (100 feet or more) with 50 lb. load.
• Analyzes situations accurately and adopts an appropriate course of action.
• Communicates orally and in writing.
• Follows instructions accurately and complete assigned course of action.
• Recognizes safety hazards and performs duties in a safe manner.
• Maintains clean, orderly environment adhering to company policies and industry regulation/standard(s) (OSHA)
• Knowledge of custom tower rigging techniques
• Performs tape drops
• Proficient with topside testing procedures (sweeps, PIM, fiber testing etc)
• Performs GPS antenna alignment
• Proficient with installation of antennas, RRH's, ground kits, RET systems
• Troubleshoots RET systems
• Runs required lines to top of the tower; grounds coax lines and builds different sizes and types of connectors.
• Stacks tower steel and installs of sector mounts
• Basic knowledge of microwave dish and radio installations and path alignment.
• Able to train lower level tower techs.
• Proficient with all field requirements for completion of closeout packages.
• Other duties as assigned.