Job Description Telecommunications
As part of our telecommunications technician team, you will work at various construction sites and healthcare Customer sites installing medical equipment along with other telecommunication equipment. Must have experience with IP voice, wireless data, CCTV, door access control, overhead paging, low voltage cabling. Success in this role requires proven, related work experience, professionalism, organization and detail orientation, schedule flexibility and strong problem-solving skills.
- Collaborate with Installation Project Manager to schedule product installation in coordination with equipment delivery, customer availability, and construction schedules.
- Establish voice and data networks by running, pulling, relocating, terminating, splicing cables and grounding systems.
- Install telecommunications equipment, routers, switches, Aps, cable trays and coordinating with contractors.
- Test unit with live utilities and initiate a basic cycle to verify the integrity of the installation work performed along with verifying the service and correcting any issues with wiring
- Maintains courteous and professional demeanor when working with customers, contractors, management, and fellow employees. Utilize customer protocols when entering and exiting facilities and abide by all The Art of Sound and Customer Health & Safety protocols and procedures.
- Ensure Customer satisfaction through post-installation activities to include disposal of all associated packing and shipping crate material, ensuring equipment is wiped down and fingerprints are removed, and addressing any questions/issues before leaving the site.
- Able to work in various inside and outside environments being subjected to weather, noise, sawdust and other external factors
- Minimum of one or two years experience in a related or similar field of work with technical school training, or three to four years without advanced training.
- Valid Driver's license required
- Basic knowledge of personal computers required
- Are able to climb ladders and be comfortable with heights
- Ability to understand the scope and requirements of the project
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.