Travel Required: 25-50% Public Trust: None Requisition Type: Regular
General Dynamics Information Technology is looking for a Telecommunications Technician in support of the US Navy's Vinson ANDVT Cryptographic Modernization (VACM) Program.
This individual will work in a secure laboratory with other personnel to complete tasks and deliverables for our government customers. Will also perform work on Naval shipboard and shore installations worldwide. Must be thoroughly familiar with Navy Secure Voice cryptographic devices, switching/patching systems, Satellite and RF transmission systems.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform equipment installation and Systems Operational Verification Testing (SOVT) on-board U.S. Navy ships and shore installations.
- Perform equipment testing and evaluation in a shore laboratory environment
- Draft and provide written documentation as required
- Troubleshoot and isolate equipment and system issues
- As a part of the Mobile Training Team provide VACM training as/where required
- Load devices and perform equipment maintenance
- Respond to tickets and provide coordination and problem resolution
Qualifications & Requirements:
- U.S. Citizen with a active SECRET or above DoD Security Clearance
- Minimum of 3+ years of related experience
- Posses or have the ability to obtain COMSEC Local Element qualification
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.