The Leidos Special Projects Division currently has an opening for a Telecommunications Technician providing site support for multiple military communication equipment suites associated with manned aerial ISR platforms to our customers at CONUS and OCONUS locations. We are looking for motivated self-starters who want to join a team dedicated to excellence and continuous progress. Basic networking, IT experience, understanding of basic electronics principles and required; however, advanced knowledge and experience is highly desired.
Selected candidates responsibilities may include but not be limited to servicing and maintenance of airborne communications systems, integration of airborne mission essential payload, testing and evaluation of components.
Additional duties will include but not be limited to; collecting, maintaining, organizing, and compiling technical data for the communications systems and lifecycle management, and processing RMAs.
Selected candidates will be capable of providing preliminary solutions to a variety of problems that may arise in an expeditious, efficient, and timely manner. Selected candidates will be required to become familiar with and utilize the established configuration management, safety and quality assurance processes. Selected candidates will be capable of receiving assignments in the form of objectives with goals and processes to meet goals outlined. Assignments will be performed independently and reported to supervisor, team lead, or other more senior staff on a regular basis.
To be considered for this position candidates must:
- Be able to obtain a passport or visa to travel internationally
- Be willing to travel CONUS and OCONUS
- Be willing to work in Hardship and Hazardous locations
- Be willing to work long hours and / or non-regular hours with minimal notice
- Be capable of working independently or as part of a team
- Possess or be able to obtain a FAA Class III Medical Certificate or military equivalent
- Be able to successfully accomplish the CONUS Replacement Center course
- Be willing to fly for extended periods
- Be capable of lifting 50+ lbs
- Demonstrated ability to independently determine and develop approach to solutions
- Able to multi-task, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Broad technology experience in military communication systems
- Civilian and/or military experience with AISR programs.
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint)
- Ability to obtain a DoD SECRET security clearance
- US Citizenship is required
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline, government, or contractor experience or 4 years of related military, government, or contractor experience in lieu of degree. Additional years experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience must include an understanding of basic electronics principles and theory and must be proficient with test equipment
- Basic understanding of IT principles and practices preferred
External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the worlds toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The companys 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit . The companys diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.